Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Bird feeder - Food for thought !!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2010, 05:04 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bird feeder - Food for thought !!

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back patio and filled it with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.
Then came the ****... It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And other birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit in my own back garden anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ..... quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see..... our government gives out free food,
subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the tens of thousands.

Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to 'press
one' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than the our Flag are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Old 19 February 2010, 05:11 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

like the way that has been put, but unfortunately think this country has gone way overboard and it's going to take a hell of a lot of work to rebalance the situation.
Old 19 February 2010, 05:36 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Amen to that, but like spally said way to late for that and we have our ansestors(sp) to thank for it all
Old 19 February 2010, 06:08 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I don't mind as long as immigrants pull their weight in society and abide by the laws of the land.

The above post looks a bit 'American' in the way it is typed, but probably they are in the same boat.

I was at a local housing authority around a year ago, handing in some keys for a job I had completed for them, and noticed on the wall hung a sign that had written in around 2 dozen languages 'please point to your language for assistance' ..... WTF !!!!!

So the councils etc have to have multi lingual people on call when an immigrant who cannot be bothered to speak the language wants help filling a form out to claim against society.

Imagine moving to a Middle East country and expecting them to bend to our whims !
Old 19 February 2010, 07:58 PM
spally
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nate

Imagine moving to a Middle East country and expecting them to bend to our whims !

very good point Nate, agree with everything else you have said there, but when they come over here they expect to live in Britain but live by their rules, when it's vise versa NO fercking chance....you live their way or end up in jail!!!
Old 19 February 2010, 09:40 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

I don't mind as long as immigrants pull their weight in society and abide by the laws of the land.

The above post looks a bit 'American' in the way it is typed, but probably they are in the same boat.

I was at a local housing authority around a year ago, handing in some keys for a job I had completed for them, and noticed on the wall hung a sign that had written in around 2 dozen languages 'please point to your language for assistance' ..... WTF !!!!!

So the councils etc have to have multi lingual people on call when an immigrant who cannot be bothered to speak the language wants help filling a form out to claim against society.

Read it & weep.

Taxpayer paying for interpreters so immigrants can gain British passports - Telegraph
Old 20 February 2010, 07:15 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Can't get the link to work

I can guess from the link name though what it contains ........... This country really has to stop paying those that cannot even be bothered to speak the language.
Old 20 February 2010, 09:17 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Very well put passage - but I fear it is too late now - we're close to saturation point!

The Aussies have always seemed to have it right - points system, and you only get in if you are useful to them. Could have worked here too, but we seem to give out 'student' visa's like smarties - and then have no way of following up their removal when they overstay.

In my previous life, if we had someone come into the office who didn't speak english, we had to set up an appointment with a telephone translator, at a cost of £90 just to contact them!

And why did we need the translator? So the individual could claim their Tax Credits. Funnily enough these were the only two english words they knew!!
Old 20 February 2010, 09:32 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Politicians have taken this country for granted for far too long, they have squandered our legal and cultural sovereignty to the point of anonymity. It's quite sad really that the ideals most of us grew up are now completely alien with many of the people we now share our country with. I don't have any answers that would be deemed politically correct, which I guess is the oxymoron of the current 'British' 'society' in itself.
Old 20 February 2010, 09:58 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Can't get the link to work

I can guess from the link name though what it contains ........... This country really has to stop paying those that cannot even be bothered to speak the language.
Partial copy & paste :-

The growing translation bill makes a mockery of the Government's pledge that migrants wanting to settle in the UK must demonstrate a command of the language.

By the time newcomers are applying for a passport they will have already passed a citizenship test and are supposed to at least be able to answer basic questions.

But translators are still needed for some when they attend the new face-to-face interviews, designed to question applicants and cut down on identity fraud or bogus claims.

Matthew Elliott, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said: "It is absurd that interpreters are being provided for people who the rules say must be able to speak English to qualify for a passport.

"This suggests that the Government's pledge to make sure a passport was conditional on being able to speak the language and integrate is simply hot air – leaving taxpayers to pick up the bill.

The passport office spent a total of £260,000 of public funds on translation and interpretation services in 2007/08.
Old 20 February 2010, 11:30 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Partial copy & paste :-

The growing translation bill makes a mockery of the Government's pledge that migrants wanting to settle in the UK must demonstrate a command of the language.

By the time newcomers are applying for a passport they will have already passed a citizenship test and are supposed to at least be able to answer basic questions.

But translators are still needed for some when they attend the new face-to-face interviews, designed to question applicants and cut down on identity fraud or bogus claims.

Matthew Elliott, chief executive of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said: "It is absurd that interpreters are being provided for people who the rules say must be able to speak English to qualify for a passport.

"This suggests that the Government's pledge to make sure a passport was conditional on being able to speak the language and integrate is simply hot air – leaving taxpayers to pick up the bill.

The passport office spent a total of £260,000 of public funds on translation and interpretation services in 2007/08.

Says it all really !