Notices

Help please guys with fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2014, 02:36 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please guys with fuel lines

Hi guys im doing a parallel fuel rail mod with braided lines and afpr . On the standard fuel filter there is obviously and in and an out line, and fixed right by the filter is the return line but I also seem to have another line left now that I cant remember where that went to. Im pretty sure it connected to the standard metal lines that ran under the inlet mani but now I don't seem to have a place for it. Im thinking it was maybe a vent? is this correct? if so what do I do with it now?

Cheers
Rich
Old 18 May 2014, 02:38 PM
chasey
Scooby Regular

comes from black canister thing i think, either way its not important
Old 18 May 2014, 04:15 PM
adz556
Scooby Regular

It is a fuel tank breather that connected on to the fuel rails and then connected onto the spur on the underside of the inlet manifold
Old 18 May 2014, 09:26 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply. Because ive got rid of all the pipes from under the inlet mani what am i best doing with the tank vent? Leaving it just to vent or connecting to another location
Old 18 May 2014, 09:43 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in this too - I understand you can also bin the carbon cannister that sits under the boot floor and then just leave the tank to vent but worth fitting a rollover valve for safety
Old 18 May 2014, 11:32 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Right, there are two vents ontop of the tank. These both have rollover valves which prevent leaks if the car tips.

These two vents go into one pipe and then travel down the nearside sill alongside the supply and return line. In the engine bay the vent pipe goes under the inlet and into the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister has three outlets.

One to the pressure switching valve on the offside suspension turret and is branched to the inlet pipe post MAF. One to the purge valve on the rear of the inlet manifold which then is connecter to the trottle body. The third outlet is underneath the canister and vents to atmosphere.

To properly delete:

1. Vent the tank vents to atmosphere. You don't want to block them as it will prevent excess pressure getting out. You can either vent to atmosphere under the bonnet or even better back near the tank. I binned the metal heard line that runs back to front along the sill and vented to atmosphere just in front of the tank.

2. Bin the canister.

3. Bin the under manifold pipe.

4. Block/blank the hole in the underside of the inlet pipe post MAF.

5. Remove the pipe from the pressure switching valve and blank off or remove the T piece.

6. Blank the throttle body nipple.

7. Leave the purge valve connected electronically to prevent a CEL light but loop a small pipe over the two nipples on it to prevent dirt getting in it.

The system is now fully deleted and you have no leaks.

If you simply VTA the breather line you will end up with all those pointless bits in your engine bay.

Please note this is how it works on classics (MY00) it may be different on later models with the canister near the tank.