thinking of using Motorsport world read this

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2014, 04:34 AM
Matt Sargent
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of using Motorsport world read this

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews168614.html#Reviews

Here is just some customer reviews, they took money from me for an intercooler hose kit which I ordered back in March and after 12 weeks nothing turned up I tried ringing and face booking I got a few responses on Facebook and would some days spend over 4 hours on hold!

So in the end I rang scoobyworx I had it delivered next day and although it cost a few extra £ it did also come with clip kit so that was amazing service
Old 05 July 2014, 11:56 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Sargent
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews168614.html#Reviews

Here is just some customer reviews, they took money from me for an intercooler hose kit which I ordered back in March and after 12 weeks nothing turned up I tried ringing and face booking I got a few responses on Facebook and would some days spend over 4 hours on hold!

So in the end I rang scoobyworx I had it delivered next day and although it cost a few extra £ it did also come with clip kit so that was amazing service
Hi Matt,

Glad you were pleased with us. We do aim to have every customer happy but it isn't always possible.

Im not sure what hose kit you were buying in terms of brand from Motorsport World but you mention it was a little cheaper.

Our hoses are UK made and of the highest quality. We had a few teething issues with fitments of our Inlet hoses when we first released our hoses as we inherited what our UK supplier already had for Subaru fitments. It soon came apparent to us fitment needed addressing and new tooling was made for all the inlets. They are now a great fit and can be fitted without removing the inlet manifold. I would put our hoses up with the best when it comes to quality, but without the price tag of some established brands.

Be careful buying cheaper hoses as you will find most of them come from china and while not everything that comes form china is bad quality a lot of hoses are. They use cheap fillers in the manufacturing process which leaves the finished silicone product poor quality and weak. Some of the worst ones even look and feel chalky to touch as they use chalk as a filler to make the silicone go further.

We aren't the cheapest on the market for hoses and never will be but our SWRD hoses wont disappoint on quality and we are now getting to a point where we have stock of most things in Red,Blue and Black and now also have a lot of special order colours in stock in popular kits also. These you have to wait from most top brands around 4-8 weeks and brands where they are available on eBay and such are generally poor quality copies.

There is even a foreign manufacture selling newage inlets on eBay currently and i know they don't fit correctly as they bought one of our old designed inlets which we replaced with our new 2014 version and made thousands of cheap copies. Selling for nothing and they even have put a samco logo on them and are selling them as Samco.

I also checked the review site and there was nothing on their for us. Anybody who has used us feel free to add reviews if you wish.

Also we appreciate reviews on our website
Old 05 July 2014, 12:05 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found a few UK sellers doing the old version which doesn't fit correctly now as well

They aren't shaped correctly to fit around the inlet onto the turbo at the turbo end. The rear take off is too high to fit without removing the inlet and the front part which connects to airbox hose is way to long. There is other minor things also but there is so many people copying a poor fitting hose now and flooding the market with poor hoses.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Induction-...item3f3616c9a9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-T...item51a5b15903
Old 07 July 2014, 09:46 AM
Matt Sargent
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Darrell,

It was the same samco hose kit that I ordered from you, but they charge extra for the clips but yours are included in the price so with the clips it's the same price. That's the only thing that made them cheaper.

But we are in July now and still it hasn't turned up and they have deleted their Facebook and I can't get them on the phone for a refund

But I've posted this up to warn people because they have priced themselves cheaper than most but they don't deliver any goods

Thanks

Matt