Notices

Hawkeye hell.....help wales/dorset

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2014, 09:06 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye hell.....help wales/dorset

Hi everybody I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place but could really do with some help. Myself and my wife have owned imprezas for some time, we have recently bought a hawkeye 06 wrx from South Wales with 60,000 miles and upon inspection i think it may have early signs of head gasket problems, the expansion tank is full of a dark coolant which smells of oil/exhast also has brown bits sitting on the side of bottle when I pulled the tube out most of which has a white ish mayo ish stuff on it, I then opened the radiator cap and found brown slimey stuff on the underside of cap and what looks like oil on the sides also the "coolant" Looks and smells oily. I then opened the header tank and on the side of the inside cap looks like u guessed it OIL again smelling of oil/exhaust. The car does sound like it has a air lock (gurgling) which I tryed burping a bit with top rad hose but thought I'm wasting time and should just post here. The temp warms up as normal and hasn't overheated yet? We'll not that I'm aware of. When I started the car from cold with header tank cap off I can see flowing coolant with bubbles, theres no smoke from exhaust and no funny smells? I can't see any other signs of leaks etc but haven't had time to take bottom pan off and look closer. The car was sold to us with a mot which was done by another garage in South Wales. The back passangerside seat belt has no buckle on it? Can it pass like that? Also the rear passangerside shock started knocking on way home. Also the front passangerside brake started squeezing on way home and when I pulled over the little metal bit is touching the disk? Just thought this would all have been picked up and ex least a advisory? I could go on and on.... Problem is we live in dorset and the garages in question are in south wales they are coming to pick the car up tomorrow but I have a feeling they don't have a clue what to do with subarus so can anybody please recommend a subaru guru master of flat fours around that area that could be of assistance.many thanks in advance Tom and Em
Old 23 August 2014, 09:33 PM
phsyo
Scooby Regular

I know Triton Motor Services are in Bournemouth. I haven't used them but they may be able to help.

Headgaskets seem to fail regularly on the 2.5, and most people seem to suggest engine rebuild is best

Can't see it passing a proper MOT with a seat belt buckle missing and brake problems!!

Phsyo
Old 23 August 2014, 09:57 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

Yea ive heard triton are very good but again I've never used them. It's a bu#%a it's happened over this weekend I bet nobody's open grr. I'm in contact with the owner of the garage which I bought it from and he is trying to help us .He is sending someone to pick up the car tomorrow?! I've told him what I think is wrong etc and I believe we can have a courtesy car. Personally I wouldn't drive it all the way to wales ?!? but I might be wrong? Haven't even had it a week... Not even 250 miles. Any body in South Wales?
Old 23 August 2014, 10:36 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triton won't be open till Tuesday.

Personally I wouldn't let them take it but send it to Triton as you'll be without the car for the weekend no matter what and imo best to have it local rather than miles away (unless someone does post up about a decent garage in South Wales that could help you).

From what you say I personally think the MOT has been blagged.
Old 23 August 2014, 10:51 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

How can I prove they have blagged this mot then? Surely something legal? We have two children under the age of 4 both still in car seats so it's a pain to say the least. They want to go out in it as much as I do lol. Il post a few pics so u can what I've been panicking about.
Old 23 August 2014, 11:22 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/picture.ph...ictureid=27119

https://www.scoobynet.com/picture.ph...ictureid=27118

https://www.scoobynet.com/picture.ph...ictureid=27117

Excuse the photo of a photo

Last edited by TheBlueBugg; 23 August 2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 23 August 2014, 11:25 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

Which garage in South Wales did you buy it off?
Dave.
Old 23 August 2014, 11:33 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

Pm sent as I don't wanna start stirring just yet
Old 24 August 2014, 12:10 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All seatbelts have to be tested for condition and operation at least...if one of them has no buckle then it hasn't been tested for operation.

Take pictures of the seatbelt so you have proof that there is no buckle so you cover your own back in case the MOT tester says he or she did test them all.
Old 24 August 2014, 12:47 AM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

We've taking a video and lots of photos I'm not to sure if I want them to take it tomorrow or should I keep hold and seek further advise there's so much wrong it's crazy. Funny thing is it still didn't drive to bad.
Old 24 August 2014, 10:06 AM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

Morning everybody, up most of the night thinking about all this.... again thanks for taking time to help us it's appreciated. Is there any body who is available around blandford (dorset) to pop over and have a look before they arrive to pick this up? T and coffee supplied etc will contact triton on ute but could do with anybody who knows there stuff to have a peek before I make any decisions. Cheers all Tom
Old 24 August 2014, 10:26 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Best thing is get your oney back fella. You don't need this pile.
Old 24 August 2014, 10:32 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 496 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Best thing is get your oney back fella. You don't need this pile.
+1

get your money back and buy from an enthusiast

£10k for that is utter

you could get a well sorted blob for that money or a nice hawk sti thats had a forged rebuild for a little more
Old 24 August 2014, 10:39 AM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

As for the MOT, its VOSA you need to contact with your concerns, preferably before handing it back, they then normally have the car retested at the garage concerned with VOSA personnel in attendance.

So many Subaru's lately being bought & failing in many ways within days / weeks of purchase, when will people take or pay someone who nows them inside out to view, a quick look on here covers 99% of issues raised, especially 2.5 engine related.

Last edited by MOTORS S GT; 24 August 2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 24 August 2014, 10:44 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 135 Likes on 99 Posts

As above get a refund.
Old 24 August 2014, 12:51 PM
johnny subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+10 for the refund.

Not worth the hassle.
Old 24 August 2014, 12:56 PM
Craig88
Scooby Newbie

I have used Triton in the past a full engine rebuild and a lot of after market work but prefer Wood Welding in poole - 63 Ringwood Rd, Poole BH14 0RG
01202 721172
Old 24 August 2014, 01:47 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you bought the mother of all lemons.

Refund, because it's going to need £3k throwing at it. Also sounds like someone's removed the thermostat to mask the over heating issue, with mayo and oil in all it's orafice's along with the bubbling coolant I doubt it would not get the temp gauge moving otherwise.

Good case for independent investigation and legal action, i'd have a chat with citizens advice and trading standards and use it as a bargaining chip to get a full refund along with the threat of vosa.

DON"T let them take the car until they pay up or you'll just get p!ssed about and end up paying £3k to sort it yourself.
Old 24 August 2014, 02:13 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Refund refund refund.

Dont try to negotiate with these people, they will want to correct it on their terms ie below a acceptable standard.
Old 24 August 2014, 04:33 PM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

Try and get a refund. Otherwise it's going to cost a lot to sort them problems.
I had HG failure on my previous hawk. Didn't have any over heating symptom ect. Just little bubbles in the header tank. But a quick hydrocarbon test confirmed the worst.
Old 27 August 2014, 06:44 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 135 Likes on 99 Posts

What's the latest on this?
Old 28 August 2014, 09:55 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

Hi everybody first off I'd like to big up the three arches garage and dean your a true flatfouraholic.

Let me tell you all of whats happened to me and my wife today. I live way down in dorset and bought a car from S£&@) W@&£) M#%+* COMPANY not a happy bunny to say the least.

Please read other thread in general technical (hawkeye he'll dorset/wales) so assuming you've just read that other thread you know the symptoms which I first saw a few days after getting the car. Basically after asking this dealer to take to car for a second opinion which he agreed would be done but never happened.

I decided to "surprise" them this morning by arriving at opening time to take it there myself, they were bully's who didn't let me get a word in edge ways. I took the car to dean again unexpectedly (sorry bud but thanks) who downed everything and gave me full attention. " sniff" test was ok few. But a few other things weren't right but more annoyingly when I return to the dealer he refuses to change cooling and clean system for me, the rear suspensions knocking it's t@ts off and when I ask to show them in a asda car park as that's when it's worst they refuse? Aparantlly driving a car in a car park for food and shopping is out of the ordinary for this guy? Anyway after letting the mechanic for the garage take me out in MY car to show me the shock isn't knocking?! But all be it there mechanic did notice it after I made him slow down and turn around about, at this point I'm getting a bit cheesed off, it's 4.30pm not seen the manager all day as he's been out at auctions all day, been told by a member of his staff that the three arches don't no subarus !LIE! And that scubynet is only full of ********* ( I disagreed and stated I'm a member myself)

I get told I have a new shock which I have to fit myself, Aparantlly we are also to picky, I could go on and on about today but about a hour ago my wife rang the manager to say we want our money back and in return he unleashed a verbal barrage of nonsense and ending in making my wife cry and saying we will owe him money? This bloke sounds like a nutter?

Also today dean noticed it showed a few signs of a import just looked on front of log book and this has liaco ltd Malta? I'm not 100% sure what this means so please helllllp this has never been stated or advertised and knowing this in advance would have been nice to say the least. Many thanks guys.

Helllllllllllp

Last edited by TheBlueBugg; 28 August 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 28 August 2014, 10:52 PM
TheBlueBugg
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^ I posted this in "regional wales " earlier

Thanks to all scooby net members for your help and interest.

Three arches garage massive thanks you filled me with confidence and actually listened to what I had to say.

Thanks to the dealer in question for all of his help.. He did send a boy down in a diesel Lexus which my wife noticed after had no tax disc but checked online and it was taxed just thought it didn't start changing laws till 1oct? Anyways

I left the Lexus with them today and I took took the subaru home only for my wife to be threatened later on the phone by the owner of not returning the Lexus in the morning or he will ring the police to report it stolen?!
He tells us not to tell him how to run a buisness etc when he doesn't even know what car I took home?

Last edited by TheBlueBugg; 28 August 2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Tired