Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2014, 09:34 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air fitters help

Hi gain u help needed .
Ok am looking into getting this
But says this something like if u have a air flow sensor it will not work .
Y is this . & if I got it would i need a flow sensor . It's fits my car good price . Just don't get why it says its for my car but if I have a , well u no the rest . Any help on this . Or what would you lot go f

Last edited by Jayjay100; 14 September 2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 09:44 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Sorry wrong pic this one

Last edited by Jayjay100; 14 September 2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 09:52 PM
Yardz
Scooby Regular

Your car allready has MAF for your metered air flow intake.

You would need a subaru specific induction kit with MAF adaptor.

Tbh mate your better of with uprated panel filter.
Old 14 September 2014, 09:55 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Orite jay how's it going?
Tbh it looks like cheap eBay tat.
Your car has a maf which is the air flow sensor,you would need to go mafless to run that induction kit,which you will need to have mapped for. Even if you go for an induction kit which will still retain your maf then you should still get it remapped.
Afaik the standard airbox with sports filter is good for 400bhp.
I will be going for an induction kit but won't fit it until I have my ESL

What yardz sed he beat me to it

Last edited by ossett2k2; 14 September 2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Beat by yardz lol
Old 14 September 2014, 10:22 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

I just changed a mushroom filter back to the airbox and k&n panel filter, cars running so much smoother and doesn't sound like 20 hairdryers any more haha, it gave me running problems (faulty maf symptoms afr gauge all over place) quick ecu reset and she's running lovely, that looks a bit like a intake for the non turbo?
Old 14 September 2014, 10:23 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

What was you gonna do with it, cut a hole in the wing and have it sticking out the side
Old 14 September 2014, 10:25 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd stop buying eBay tat as it will be rubbish, decide exactly what power you are aiming for then buy the parts appropriate.
A mish mash of cheap crap will just cause issues and more than likely power loss

Trending Topics

Old 14 September 2014, 10:27 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Orite jay how's it going?
Tbh it looks like cheap eBay tat.
Your car has a maf which is the air flow sensor,you would need to go mafless to run that induction kit,which you will need to have mapped for. Even if you go for an induction kit which will still retain your maf then you should still get it remapped.
Afaik the standard airbox with sports filter is good for 400bhp.
I will be going for an induction kit but won't fit it until I have my ESL

What yardz sed he beat me to it
Thank you u 2. so delete that them .
Hi ossett2k2 how r u rich . All good I hope . So your getting there with the car mate
Nice to hear . Iv got the 440jets . And as I self the kit got a bit of cash to spend . ECU I think will have to wait till the car go's in for a sev as I can just tell the wife it some thing the car needs lol. Just trying to get some bit . But on a bugget .
I got the air pipe that go's from the fog light . Not fitted it yet just don't no what to get 1st . I no it shod be ECU . I no that but it's a lot of cash . Have been told my tmic is good for 300 BHP so for now not going for the upgrade . But the link I got sent about fitting a new age one . It's not that much to it .
U will have to let me no the figers BHP when u have the ECU all maped in mate . Can not wait to see what u get out of it . There just some much mods out there it's hard to no what to go for . Lol.
And yer it was from e bay . How did u Gess that lol.

Last edited by Jayjay100; 14 September 2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 10:30 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *matthewturb2000*
I just changed a mushroom filter back to the airbox and k&n panel filter, cars running so much smoother and doesn't sound like 20 hairdryers any more haha, it gave me running problems (faulty maf symptoms afr gauge all over place) quick ecu reset and she's running lovely, that looks a bit like a intake for the non turbo?
When I asked they said it for a turbo . Can some of u send me some links so I no what I am looking at & for . Please
Old 14 September 2014, 10:37 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
I'd stop buying eBay tat as it will be rubbish, decide exactly what power you are aiming for then buy the parts appropriate.
A mish mash of cheap crap will just cause issues and more than likely power loss
Ok I no we have not got on before so fresh start yes mate .
I only want around 300bhp . MY be more latter . But for now just 300 will do . I have a j&r air filter in the air box . A man down the road said that's fine . But I don't no . Been told my tmic is good for 300bhp . & if need be I will do FMIC . Or up grade to a new age . The link I got sent tells u how to do it .
And I am sure I can if need be. Like u say I need to work out wear I am going with this .
Glad I sold the nos kit as I made some cash .
And I have 440jets but not fitted yet . .
Also some told me to take the AC out . Is that buil sh*t or is that what most do . How can a AC loss u power .
Old 14 September 2014, 10:44 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I'm good mate
I'm just getting my upgrade parts together 1st and will fit once I have the ESL. I will be going down the self mapping route I think,or maybe get the ESL fitted and initial map done if I can find a decent mapper in or close to Yorkshire?
I have fitted a 290l fuel pump and have a rcm k&n filter to fit and will probably go for the newage tmic conversion,I will be keeping the standard vf22 turbo for now so will have to stick to 340-350bhp
I hope to get to the 400 in the future but this will mean turbo upgrade and maybe fmic?
I want to do some testing with IPA in my ic spray bottle 1st to see what results I get(not too much IPA tho because a car on fire will be my results lol )
Yardz
Scooby Regular

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/shop.asp?catsLevel=181

A few on there buddy, have a google round with them brands,

If it's going to be mapped for a cone filter you might be better of holding out n saving a bit for good brand, the better air flow you got the easy it will be to extract from the car
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

So when doing a look on eBay look for a k&n .
Or mushroom one. I have seen them but there are all diffent . Can or could some one send me a link to what I am trying to find. . Iv got a few bit now so I am getting there . Trying to leave the mapping till last . Or could a mapper get or do some think with my standed ECU . Or it's that just a wast of cash to . Just wished I new more about this stuff like u lot do .
Old 14 September 2014, 10:45 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

I'd start with a good service and a remap,air con uses no power unless its on,its just a bit of weight.
Quite honestly don't bother with any of that eBay crap its useless.
Old 14 September 2014, 10:49 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
I'm good mate
I'm just getting my upgrade parts together 1st and will fit once I have the ESL. I will be going down the self mapping route I think,or maybe get the ESL fitted and initial map done if I can find a decent mapper in or close to Yorkshire?
I have fitted a 290l fuel pump and have a rcm k&n filter to fit and will probably go for the newage tmic conversion,I will be keeping the standard vf22 turbo for now so will have to stick to 340-350bhp
I hope to get to the 400 in the future but this will mean turbo upgrade and maybe fmic?
I want to do some testing with IPA in my ic spray bottle 1st to see what results I get(not too much IPA tho because a car on fire will be my results lol )
Lol I like the the last bit mate that made me lol. Let hope not . Sound like u no what u want and u r going for it . Nice mate . Keep me updated with it please mate . 400bhp in the end nice figgers a.
And there is me just wanting 300bhp . You go for it .
Old 14 September 2014, 10:56 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

I'd start with a good service and a remap,air con uses no power unless its on,its just a bit of weight.
Quite honestly don't bother with any of that eBay crap its useless.
So service and a mapap. Can it be done on a standed ECU . It's a w6 ECU I beleave . And may be spark plugs if needed . If so witch ones . Don't no what my plugs are . But just in case .
I think I will stop going on eBay . Lol.

Last edited by Jayjay100; 14 September 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:06 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Yardz
http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/shop.asp?catsLevel=181

A few on there buddy, have a google round with them brands,

If it's going to be mapped for a cone filter you might be better of holding out n saving a bit for good brand, the better air flow you got the easy it will be to extract from the car
I no what your saying and tryed to googal things . But I dont no what I am looking for . The Subaru is new to me and I keep getting it wrong with the parts I get. I think the only thing I got right so far is my 440jets . And even now I am wishing I saved up and got the one up from that . But the man I get them off told me for 300 BHP or even a bit more will be fine .
Old 14 September 2014, 11:08 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Can I just ask if I was to fit the jets tomorrow , would I need to map them in to . As it seems that all upgrades need a mapping after lol.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:11 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Do you mean injectors???
Old 14 September 2014, 11:18 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Yes mate I have the yellow one . Wanted pink but to much cash .
& there shod be 4 of them . Is that right . I hope it is as that's what I got only 4. Did not get the ralls that was also in the pic . Did I get that wrong & shod of got it .
As going bigger jets I needed bigger ralls . Hope that made sense.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:20 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by Jayjay100
Yes mate I have the yellow one . Wanted pink but to much cash .
& there shod be 4 of them . Is that right . I hope it is as that's what I got only 4. Did not get the ralls that was also in the pic . Did I get that wrong & shod of got it .
As going bigger jets I needed bigger ralls . Hope that made sense.
But the question is why do you need bigger injectors?? Unless you are fitting a bigger turbo its another waste of time and money.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:20 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Only going to post once for 300bhp, the standard tmic, airbox and injectors will work so it just needs mapping.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:29 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

But the question is why do you need bigger injectors?? Unless you are fitting a bigger turbo its another waste of time and money.
I got the jets as I was going to run nos . And was not sure if I was going to run a dry or wet kit . So I need to up the jets . So as I have them and I fit them will its just give me more turbo lag or somthing like that . Are they worth fiting . If it don't need mapping if I fit them them I don't see why not . Iv got them now .
So like u all no I am look to get 300bhp . So just get a mapper to map it and that's it. But can my standed ECU be mapped . Or duz it all going back to shod of got a diffent ECU .
Don't need to upgrade my intercooler . Or all the other stuff I was going to wast my cash on .
Snd the standed air box with a j&r air fillter is fine for 300bhp .
I was going to upgrade my fuel pump , but do I need to even do that then .

Last edited by Jayjay100; 14 September 2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:31 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I think the standard 380 injectors are good for 300bhp but will be very close to max duty cycle so not ideal,I would fit the 440's tbh and upgrade the fuel pump.
Your standard ecu can only be mapped with the ESL board fitted
Old 14 September 2014, 11:33 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

With all due respect mate you really don't have a clue,if your turbo is not being changed there is no need to change injectors.
You need bigger injectors to feed more fuel that's needed when fitting bigger turbos.
Obviously I have no idea what turbo you have currently though

Last edited by fat-thomas; 14 September 2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 14 September 2014, 11:41 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

With all due respect mate you really don't have a clue,if your turbo is not being changed there is no need to change injectors.
You need bigger injectors to feed more fuel that's needed when fitting bigger turbos.
Obviously I have no idea what turbo you have currently though
Thank for telling me I don't have a clue . Thanks mate . But in a way I don't I just drive them and get the garage to power things up . But now I have a wife two kids was trying to do things my self . But thank u for all the help .
I did start off fine when I started with the car . Upgraded the brakes , handerling . Strut bars , & so on . Did all that my self . It's just when it comes to the engine & power . I don't no much about it .
Year ago I would just take my car down to power engineering & just pay them . I am trying fat Thomas .
Old 15 September 2014, 12:00 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I think your standard turbo will max out at 300bhp and your injectors will be close to max so not ideal to have everything maxed out,see if you can pic up a upgrade turbo cheapish?
I think yours is td05? Maybe look for the tdo5 18g or 20g
There a lot of good turbos but these seem to be the cheapest option for a straight swap.
The VF range can be picked up pretty cheap too but not sure if that would be a straight bolt on job on your car?

Last edited by ossett2k2; 15 September 2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 15 September 2014, 08:49 AM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Just want to thank you all go your help . Now I no what to get . And will not be wasting anymore cash going the wrong way on mods. Esl getting soon so I can get it mapped . Will fit the jets , as I have them y not.
And that's about it . 300 BHP I will be happy .
Again nice one lads . Helpful as always .
Yes rich mine is a td05 will look at for 20g one or see what is out there . But as me trubo is running fine at mo I will keep it for now .
But I think I am heading in the right way now . And no more eBay crap . Lol.