Notices

Subaru WRX boost problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2015, 08:31 PM
jasonleah1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru WRX boost problems please help

This is my first time owning a Subaru and as such my first time on here, so before I start begging for help I thought I would get the formalities out of the way. Hello Everyone

Right now the issues I'm having!! I recently purchased a Subaru Wrx, The car is a 2005 model with a full history, The engine as I'm aware is completely std, apart from a dump valve and a prodrive rear silencer. I have owned the car for a month and the car was driving fine up until last night, I was travelling back from work when the car just seemed to loose all boost! I do not drive the car hard and let it cool down everytime after use, I took the car out today too and the car just isn't right?? There are no EML lights on the dash when running or any other problems at all, (apart from a clunking rear shock) The car drives very smooth and idles perfectly too. It just doesn't boost or if it does not properly! not the way it did a few days ago put it that way! I can hear the turbo spooling up but there is just no go. It revs properly too! I have had the intercooler off and checked all the hoses and pipes under there and they all seem fine. The prodrive intercooler Y pipe does seem a bit soft but other than that looks ok. What else can I do or where do I turn from here?? There was a very small light dusting of oil from the throttle body pipe to the intercooler and on the Y pipe but nothing to worry about. I was advised to put the std recirculating valve back on as the dump valve maybe causing the issues but this hasn't helped at all, Any help would be greatly appreciated as I dont know what else it could be??
Old 09 July 2015, 09:41 AM
giz1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean your maf and if that doesnt help then check you d/v