Notices

abs fault

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2015, 07:19 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default abs fault

anyone ever changed an abs pump and know if theres a special way to bleed them, ive fitted a good working pump and keep getting this fault, the car has always had it since ive owned it, the fuses are fine that i can find and the pump just doesnt work.
im also getting a fault for offside rear wheel speed sensor abnormal signal, i have changed the sensor for a known good one and no joy. i did however have a new wheel bearing and new reluctor ring fitted to that hub when the car was off the road so i dont know if that fault is from that as in if the hub is pressed in too far or not far enough or if either are possible???
the car is a 05 sti
if anyone can shed any light on this it would be very much appreciated

thanks
gary
Old 15 October 2015, 08:43 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure if it is applicable but some bearings have to be fitted in a certain position, but is the reluctor ring in good condition.
Old 15 October 2015, 10:19 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Judging from the symptoms described above, I'd be putting my money on the controller, or wiring between controller and pump being faulty, rather than the pump itself. It should be easy enough to confirm this if you still have the old pump that you removed, by simply connecting the relevant wires on it to a 12v source and seeing if it runs.