Notices

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2016, 12:52 PM
Swino
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car won't start

Hi all I've got a 93 wrx that's just decided it don't want to start anymore turns over but won't fire up I've got fuel and spark checked all fuses was thinking cam or crank sensor but is there away to test them before buying new ones as there expensive car ran fine until few days back the car does have a few modifications and has been mapped with alkatec ecu I've tried the old ecu to see if it was because of the cold start but still won't start any help would be appreciated thanks
Old 27 November 2016, 01:44 PM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Try putting in the old/original ecu. Try and start it. If it dowesnt start use the diagnostic connectors under the steering column to check for codes. Do this just to see if it stores any codes.

Rich
Old 27 November 2016, 02:03 PM
Swino
Scooby Newbie

I've tried the old ecu still won't start and there are no codes stored was a right pain to get the the connectors don't think they have ever been used was still taped up to the top
Old 27 November 2016, 02:13 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Has it been running ok since the mods were fitted, I saw a old post about the new injectors and that starting problem.
Old 27 November 2016, 02:21 PM
Swino
Scooby Newbie

Yh been running spot on mate always starting no problem until couple days ago not changed anything since the map just strange how it's happend
Old 28 November 2016, 01:21 PM
Swino
Scooby Newbie

I've removed fuel rail turned engine over and fuel came out injectors as it should so I no there is fuel going in to engine I have spark but still it won't start any help guys