Notices

Options for heads please.

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2017, 02:36 PM
beanbaby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for heads please.

Hi I'm after some suggestions on bests heads to fit on my v4 type r engine. Basically while my car has been stored at a mates unit my heads have gone walkies. Have had a look about for replacement heads to keep it original but can't find anything. So I'm open to ideas of best heads to fit.
2.0 turbo with AFP td05 20g turbo
Old 26 July 2017, 03:20 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The version 4 heads are very good and probably ideal for your spec. I run them on my hillclimb car.
How in need are you of a set? I have a few sets, I don't really want to part with them.
However.... I could potentially get my hands on another pair, just not immediately. Plus I'm local to you on the other side of tadcaster
Old 26 July 2017, 03:36 PM
beanbaby
Scooby Regular

The car has been off the road for about 7 years so a bit longer won't hurt if you can get hold of some that would be great. Have got about bit of work to do on it to be fair before engine needs to go back in. Do you know and good body repairer in area for a rear arches. Lad I use keeps letting me down. Cheers
Old 26 July 2017, 03:51 PM
streetshinedetail
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Joe has said, get hold of some V4 sti heads. Even better if he can get hold of some. Plenty of people running the v3/V4 heads on big power builds, so they're pretty sought after I'd imagine.
Old 26 July 2017, 04:03 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep, the v3/4 stuff is sought after but definitely works. Plus you wouldn't need to start swapping inlets and manner of other things.

I know a very good bodyshop, pretty local to you too, they've painted my car a few times after I've bumped it and recently repaired and painted a friends sti type r, that was heavily rear ended. By all accounts the repair is factory finish and it's had a full rear panel and jig, was a lot of work involved. I've yet to see it myself as I've been busy
Old 26 July 2017, 04:18 PM
beanbaby
Scooby Regular

Joe if you can source some head then just pm me details etc and what was the name of the body shop? Just spoke to the lad who has been doing mine for the last 10 months and I still at the back of a question

Have missed out on a couple of refurbished sets on here a few months ago but not seen any elsewhere
Old 22 November 2017, 08:26 PM
beanbaby
Scooby Regular

Still looking for some heads if anyone has any for sale. Unfortunately joe's turned out to be for 14mm studs and I'm still on 11mm.
Cheers jon
Old 23 November 2017, 09:54 PM
Cullenmin
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set off my V4 STI type R. Pressure tested before they were removed and have Supertech valves fitted. If you wait til the weekend I can send you pics etc

Cheers
Rich