Notices

No start (2008 Impreza WRX STI Hatch)

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 06:39 PM
joecowan
Scooby Newbie

Question No start (2008 Impreza WRX STI Hatch)

Bit of a long thread!

I'll go from the beginning, in April I started to do a few different mods, as follows; new turbo, FMIC, 1050cc injectors, TGV delete, fuel rails and lines, FRP, 3 port boost sol, secondary air pump removed and blanked and lastly RCM ex headers. It's taken me a while as I've only worked on it a few weeks here and there. I finally got around to turning the key, however beforehand like a fool (no idea how I managed it) connected the battery the wrong way around, blowing the 120amp fuse. I collected a new one and fitted it, confirmed I had lights on the dash, shut it all off and (rightly so) put my tools down for that weekend. Today I went back to try and start the car, had the standard flashing diff and sports mode lights as I've had quite a few bits unplugged, I also noticed after the gauge sweep, the coolant gauge shoots straight to max. I turned ignition off ready to connect up my scan tool to check/clear codes, with ignition off the tool powers on, when I turn ignition on the tool powers off ( I've tried 2 diff scan tools Carly and a generic tool, both do the same). When I turn the key to start I get no clicks or clunks from any relays. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loss. Cheers all.

Last edited by joecowan; Yesterday at 06:40 PM. Reason: More info in title
Old Today | 01:41 AM
bunsofsteeeel
Scooby Regular

You might have fried the ecu by the sounds of it
Old Today | 04:19 AM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

That all new treads from new members are from same person.
Bored Zany again.