Notices

My Scoob pulls to the left??

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2002, 11:20 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Can any one give me any help on this please.

When driving my Scoob (MY99 STI Type R) it seems to be always pulling to the left meaning when I want to drive straight I am actually holding the steering wheel to the right. If I let go of the wheel then the car pulls over to the left and if I hold the wheel level or straight then the car will be steering to the left.

Any one else had this problem? could it be something as simple as the tracking? or something bit more serious?

Thanks
Old 18 September 2002, 11:41 PM
scoobybuzz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Get the tracking set up on a 4 wheel alignment machine, and also check your tyre pressures, if none of that helps then swap the two front wheels over and see if that makes it any better, if none of that works then it could be bottom ball joint or bottom arm bushes etc !!!!
Old 18 September 2002, 11:48 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks for that info mate.

Yea I have checked tyre pressures. Will have to get under it and have good look at it.

Any ideas where I can get it setup? I live in the south east.
Old 19 September 2002, 12:02 AM
scoobybuzz
Scooby Regular

i know ATS have the 4 wheel laser alignment, just make sure they do it properely ive done mine and that sorted it,come down to the south west and ill do it for you, but its a long way to go to get your wheel alignment adjusted, i cant remember if the rear wheels are adjustable on scoobs butdont let them adjust the back wheels as its very rare that they need touching, good luck
Old 19 September 2002, 12:40 AM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the offer but like you say its a long way for me to go just to have my tracking sorted. Will have a look around and see if I can find somewhere a bit closer to home
Old 19 September 2002, 08:20 AM
adair69
Scooby Regular

Why don't you get all the geometry set up from scratch, set you back about £115. I have an STi7 which came from the factory pulling to the left, it was fab turning a left corner but crap going right Anyway, took it to TSL and had the geometry set up, takes about 2-3 hours done properly, and to much much tighter tolerances than most high street or even dealer standards. Seriously, a different car afterwards.
Good luck
Old 19 September 2002, 08:33 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

check that the front left brake is not binding while you are at it.

Trending Topics

Old 19 September 2002, 08:49 AM
nichop
Scooby Regular

I have the same problem on UK MY99. Had full geometry done and, while it cured some other problems it didn't fix the pull to the left. Tyre pressures all correct. I am running 2 tyres on the back with about 1.5mm difference in tread depth. Could this cause the problem ?
Old 19 September 2002, 10:36 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Not wanting to state the obvious, but I take it this happens on a level piece of road? These cars do respond to camber changes...

Justin
Old 19 September 2002, 01:34 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't mind spending £115 to have it all setup but if it doesn't cure my problem would really be a waste of my pounds! Where abouts are TSL??

Brake doesn't seem to be binding either.

JAY - someone has told me the same thing before but driving on the other side of the road didnt make any difference either still seems to do it even on a flat bit of road???

Just one of them annoying little problems that you dont really want!
Old 19 September 2002, 02:39 PM
adair69
Scooby Regular

TSL are just out of Notts, but I understand a lot of people travel some distance to get work carried out by them. I can vouch that if you have the problem and it isn't the geometry, then they'll be able to find out what it is. The guy who did my set up (sorry can't remember his name-american guy) Really knew his stuff, as does Graham. They are renowned for having rally cars which can handle better than the competition. I hope it is as simple as the set up though, and from what you say it does sound as if it is.

Good Luck
Old 19 September 2002, 05:30 PM
Jasy T
Scooby Regular

Are your wheels on straight - sorry couldn't resist