Notices

got my scoob

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2003, 11:36 PM
NOS nova
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys i am back.

just took delivery of my 1994 wrx ra straight off the boat so i am looking at tuning it ASAP.

havn't been on here for a while so can anyone get me up to speed on the tuning front!

i am looking at a tight budget of around 3G for tuning (pocket change to some of you guys!)

was thinking of changing my user name but decided not to as i think i may have made some friends with this one ;-)

first things first, i am looking for as much power as possable for quater mile runs.

any advice would be appreciated

cheers

NOS

Old 27 April 2003, 12:25 AM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

If I was you I would get a new/re-mapped ECU (can recommend LINK ECU from B.R Developments) so it is setup to run on our lower RON petrol.

If the exhaust etc is standard and you wanna change it do this before you have the ECU done as it will be mapped to "your" car.

Sort Air induction out
De-cat exhaust system (inc down pipe etc)
re-map/upgrade ECU

If you’re going to do allot of quarter mile runs you might wanna think about upgrading the clutch too!

Then you will want the thing to stop so a nice big break kit should help

Obviously I don’t know what the spec of your car is at the moment but if its standard these seem to be the most common things to sort out first!
Old 27 April 2003, 12:06 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha!

Well, nice to see you didn't get deterred. The main route for the early WRXs seems to be:

Full decat, personal prerence really, Revolution 3" system a good value one for starters
Fuel pump and regulator
Bigger injectors
Better intercooler (essential, slanty type is crap)
Remapped/replaced ECU
Retain the std turbo, but possible modify it to front entry, either with spacers under the manifold and modified plumbing, or later version inlet manifold (which gives you the option of large top mount intercooler).
Ported std ex headers
Replacement up-pipe and link pipe (with above effective but cheaper than tubular headers)

Better brakes, 4 pots from later car with good quality discs and pads a very good start, especially if you're on a budget. But i would recommend at the very least, putting on the best pads and discs (ie Pagid blue or Ferodo DS2500) you can find with braided hoses all round.

Eibach lowering springs

I think all of the above could be done inside £3k relatively easily, scoobynet for sale section a good place to buy, and you may have some kit already on the RA from japan.

I just re read you rpost and saw the bit about 1/4 mile times ASAP. So for that the main thing would be fuel, exhaust, intercooler and boost, leaving the turbo in it's standard configuration.

Paul

[Edited by Pavlo - 4/27/2003 12:09:09 PM]
Old 27 April 2003, 01:48 PM
Chris79
Scooby Regular

Did you import it yourself?

Was it hard?

I'm hoping to have a 95 RA soon so I'll watch this thread with interest.

Chris
Old 27 April 2003, 05:59 PM
NOS nova
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

thanks guys, right i now have shopping list thanks to pavlo.

chris- i gat a friend to help me out as i was a bit green in the import market so i can't help you but i am sure there are plenty of people on here who can.