Notices

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2003, 11:56 PM
gilly115
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

just a big moan as well i have had my sti v7 now for 8 months in which i have blown to short motors now i found out it is because i have had a full decat bypyss and this is causing the problems as they havent released a remap out for my car yet fo decating it is this true or have i just brought a lemon ???????
Old 22 September 2003, 12:02 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

There are re-maps avaliable for your car to allow you to run a full de-cat. However these maps would invalidate your warranty on the car.

There are several options, the most popular at the moment being the EcuTek.
Old 22 September 2003, 12:03 AM
gilly115
Scooby Newbie

how much are these remaps ?????
Old 22 September 2003, 12:10 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

If you are running a full decat, it will be boost spiking/det killing your engine, and there are plenty of ways of curing that. Increasing the diameter of the restrictor in your wastegate actuator pipe will probably do it.

As for "them" (you mean Subaru) not releasing an official map for a decatted car, they never will, as full decats aren't officially sanctioned by Subaru, due to them being illegal.

Incidentally, have you been charged for these replacement engines, or did you remove the aftermarket exhaust and claim under the warranty?
Old 22 September 2003, 12:12 AM
gilly115
Scooby Newbie

i removed the full stainless system and claimed under the warrenty
Old 22 September 2003, 12:22 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Costs vary depending on what you want done.

A list of allt he dealers can be founf on the link below:-

http://www.ecutek.com/pricing/
Old 22 September 2003, 12:45 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Ah, so you committed fraud, twice. I bet they'll go over your car with a fine tooth comb if you break another one. Hope none of IM or the dealer's employees read this BBS, otherwise you'll probably be in the sh*t.

Incidentally, why did you reinstall the decat after the first blown engine, and do you have it in now?

STi7's have very small wastegate restrictor apertures, and full decats are known to cause boost spiking on them. This can cause damage directly, as well as indirectly by inducing det. The cure for this problem is probably as simple as increasing the diameter of the aperture, there should be no necessity for a remap, although a remap will provide additional advantages.

The downside of getting your car remapped of course is that if it does fail again, you will be banged to rights if the ECU is examined in anything like a forensic manner.

Trending Topics

Old 23 September 2003, 01:21 AM
Omen1
Scooby Regular

greasemonky ... i have a SI7 with a full decat also im also running heders and a grupe s down pipe my bost is controlled by a Greedy E01 Boost controler, so far so good....if you can can you give some moere detail as to the waste gate opening as what should it be also can it be done by machineing it.

thanks mate
Old 23 September 2003, 01:26 AM
Omen1
Scooby Regular

greasemonky ... i have a SI7 with a full decat also im also running heders and a grupe s down pipe my bost is controlled by a Greedy E01 Boost controler, so far so good....if you can can you give some moere detail as to the waste gate opening as what should it be also can it be done by machineing it.

thanks mate