Notices

HKS SSQV fitting

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2003, 11:52 AM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got hold of an HKS SSQVV for a great price as the guy told me I could fit it to anything. I have enquired about getting the fitting kit seperate from HKS, but they dont do spares except for the actual Dump valve itself. So now I'm thinking I've got mug written all over my face

I have seen on a few other sites that you can buy the flange seperate,

So I could get one of these or even cut the weld on the one its already attached to. But what would I also need to fit it to the car?
Has anyone done this before? if so how did you do it or if anyone knows of a kit fir sale or a supplier who can do just the kit that would be a great help.
Old 13 October 2003, 02:29 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have one on my RB5 and put it on to a standard intercooler. I have never seen the part that you have pics of. I think the fitting kit is about 20-30squid and consists of a mounting bracket, a length of vacuum hose and turbo hose a small male-male connector for the vacuum hose, a flange for the intercooler (where the original DV is) and a couple of jubilee clips.

Having said that i cant remember anyone who sells this, suppose you'd better just find an HKS stockist.

Also anyone with a bit of machining skill and the right tools could piece somthing together, it's not too difficult.