Notices

Hesitation in boost

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2004, 08:44 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation in boost

Noticed lately that my boost seems to be a bit slow on the uptake, jumps to 0.5 normally then seems to sit there a bit longer than it did then gets its way upto 1 bar eventually.
Was in subaru a week ago and they said they suspected my MAF failing for another problem I think I have ( lack of power ) and they said no other problems at all.
New MAF coming sometime this week I hope, should I be concerned about the hesitation or could it be my MAF causing this problem also.
Car is a Bugeye 01 with ITG air filter ( about to be removed) centre decat and scoobysport back box.
Spooks
Old 15 March 2004, 10:06 PM
Markyboy uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooks
Noticed lately that my boost seems to be a bit slow on the uptake, jumps to 0.5 normally then seems to sit there a bit longer than it did then gets its way upto 1 bar eventually.
Was in subaru a week ago and they said they suspected my MAF failing for another problem I think I have ( lack of power ) and they said no other problems at all.
New MAF coming sometime this week I hope, should I be concerned about the hesitation or could it be my MAF causing this problem also.
Car is a Bugeye 01 with ITG air filter ( about to be removed) centre decat and scoobysport back box.
Spooks
Have you had a go at cleaning the MAF? I've cleaned mine with Carb & throttle body cleaner from Halfords (aerosol) on my MY01 bugeye. it's very easy to do, only a 5-10 minute job.
Old 15 March 2004, 10:17 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Yup did this a few weeks back. Didnt seem to make a differance for me. As I say just seems to hang onto half bar boost at the mo....... bizzare. Kinda hope its all tied to the MAF being knackered.
Thanks for the input
Spooks
Old 16 March 2004, 09:02 AM
galv
Scooby Regular

either your MAF or boost duty valve