Think its f*cked. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2004, 07:22 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think its f*cked. Please help

Hi all,

After a bit of a drive (nothing excessive at all) I got the CEL coming on and I got home and looked in disbelieve as I saw smoke coming out of the engine. I s*hat myself. Thought it was on fire. However after letting it cool down for a while, the CEL light no longer comes on. However, it refuses to go on boost now. It just dumps.

The smoke coming out the engine (if it was smoke, it was dense and smelt very oily but wasnt dense smoke or anything.

Checked the oil and hoses etc. They all seem fine. Does this mean ive busted the turbo ? What kinda turbo do I need for a 94 WRX import.
Old 30 March 2004, 07:36 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

If it is a Turbo its a TD04/ TDO5 you will be after for a direct replacment, but if its buggered go for an AndyF special, they come highly recomended and are direct replacment turbos, or you could go down the route i have with a IHI turbo VF28/34/35 etc..little big of felteling but if ones about at the right price your onto a winner ( theres a TD04 for sale in the "for sale" section £125 i belive ( no its not my old one )
lots on ebay too

all the best

jay
Old 30 March 2004, 07:40 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ===WRX===
If it is a Turbo its a TD04/ TDO5 you will be after for a direct replacment, but if its buggered go for an AndyF special, they come highly recomended and are direct replacment turbos, or you could go down the route i have with a IHI turbo VF28/34/35 etc..little big of felteling but if ones about at the right price your onto a winner ( theres a TD04 for sale in the "for sale" section £125 i belive ( no its not my old one )
lots on ebay too

all the best

jay
What does an AndyF special comprise of ? Where can I get one from. Aren't VF28s like huge power ?
Old 30 March 2004, 08:09 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

A TD05 turbo with an 06 cover and 20G compressor wheel. Andy F - andyf9000@hotmail.com

Cheers
Old 30 March 2004, 11:08 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

The VF Series dont always mean big power, ive gone for quick spool up on mine....cant wait till its fitted