Notices

ecu reset?

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2004, 02:51 PM
Falkirk.scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu reset?

im having a slight prob with my 95wrx it the spark somwhere (prob coil packs) any way when i get the prob sorted wil it be beneficial to reset the ecu as i have a rr day coming up soon and got to get best poss figs my rep wil be on the line!!!!
Old 02 July 2004, 03:47 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Falkirk.scoob
im having a slight prob with my 95wrx it the spark somwhere (prob coil packs) any way when i get the prob sorted wil it be beneficial to reset the ecu as i have a rr day coming up soon and got to get best poss figs my rep wil be on the line!!!!
ITS NOT GONNA MAKE ANY REAL DIFFERENCE MATE, IT WILL DELETE THE FAULT CODES AND JUST ALLOW EVERYTHING TO RELEARN. nOT REALLY WORTH IT. jUST DELETE THE FAULT CODES FROM UNDER THE COLUMN

REGARDS,

GARETH.
Old 02 July 2004, 04:07 PM
Falkirk.scoob
Scooby Regular

a reply at last!!! ok mate thanks somone told me it would be good for 10-15bhp but sounded to good to be true hence the post.
Old 02 July 2004, 04:37 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

a reply at last!!!
I think 56 minutes is pretty damned good for a Friday afternoon... consider yourself honoured!

Resetting wouldn't hurt it. But if you're gonna do it, make sure it's not immediately before the RR, otherwise the ECU won't have had enough time to fine tune the timing...
Old 02 July 2004, 04:43 PM
Falkirk.scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The_Judge
I think 56 minutes is pretty damned good for a Friday afternoon... consider yourself honoured!

Resetting wouldn't hurt it. But if you're gonna do it, make sure it's not immediately before the RR, otherwise the ECU won't have had enough time to fine tune the timing...
what does judge think of supposed 10-15 bhp gains
Old 02 July 2004, 04:50 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

That depends on whether you've upset the ECU at some point recently, where it's done some major negative knock correction. If that's the case, then yes, there will be a noticable improvement, as resetting will delete all the negative values, allowing the ECU to learn from scratch. I'm not sure you could put a figure on it though...

However, it works both ways though. If it's been running fine recently, resetting it will probably make it worse, as the positive knock correction values will be lost in the same way...
Old 02 July 2004, 05:15 PM
Falkirk.scoob
Scooby Regular

i seewhat about the prob am having with the coils would that cause ecu upset? it only ran correctly for a couple of days after upping the boost