Notices

Boost Creep!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 09:06 AM
ande
Scooby Regular

Location: Crowbuck Scoobies, Near the rolling sea, where the weather is calm and still! Come on Sing along!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Creep!

I have got a Scoobyworld Ninja rear silencer (if you can call it that! ) and have just bought the afterburner centre section. If I get a straight through downpipe, will I need to do anything to stop boost creep? Or should it not be a problem? The car is a standard 98 Terzo. Well the only other mod is a Blitz BOV.

Thanx.

Ande.
Old 31 August 2004, 10:26 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

*should* be OK - may become a problem if you get an induction kit.

if you do get it, then the best way to cure it would be to port the wastegate to within 1-2mm of the "penny"

Last edited by TonyFlow; 31 August 2004 at 10:43 AM.
Old 31 August 2004, 10:51 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Location: Crowbuck Scoobies, Near the rolling sea, where the weather is calm and still! Come on Sing along!

Sorry Dude, Port the what up to the where?
Not mechanically minded. (Dumb F&£ker basically)

Andrew.

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
*should* be OK - may become a problem if you get an induction kit.

if you do get it, then the best way to cure it would be to port the wastegate to within 1-2mm of the "penny"
Old 01 September 2004, 09:08 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

likelihood is that you wont get boost creep but (just in case).....

If you are not too mechanically minded, then I would get someone to port the wastegate for you (if you get taking the turbo apart wrong or port to far you could be in trouble). I think rallycolin can do this for around £120.

If you fancy a go, take the clip off the middle of the turbo, and if you remove the downpipe, you can then lever the exhaust housing off the turbo (after unclipping the wastegate arm). There will be a hole and a "flapper"(penny) that covers the hole (the hole is the wastegate) - you will see this coked up, and also see that the hole is notg centred to the penny, close the penny, and spray some paint over it to give youa guide to where you can port out to (you want to be 1-2mm inside the outline), then port the hole to make it 1-2mm inside the outline all the way round, also take some of the harsh angles out of the wastegate route.

As mentioned, I doubt very much if you will need to do this for just an exhaust and d/p
Old 01 September 2004, 11:44 AM
ande
Scooby Regular

Arh! right, Girlfriends brother does all the work on my car so he will probably understand.

Thanx.