Notices

Electric Aerial Problems

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2004, 06:52 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electric Aerial Problems

Having a few probs with the electric aerial on the WRX. When you put the key in the ignition you can hear the motor clunking & whiring whilst the aerial is down? When the radio kicks in it the aerial goes up no probs but when fully extended the motor is still clunking & whiring?

It sounds like the motor is continually on & straining whether it is up or down.

Anyone else ever had similar problems or have any idea what the problem might be? Is there something somewhere that should tell the motor to stop when the aerial is down or up that could have gone kaput?

Cheers

MAFFA
Old 25 October 2004, 07:07 PM
Comper100
Scooby Regular

Mine does that, because thre thing doesn't always go right up, or down so in the end the motor looses track of where top is. I have to help it down sometimes.

Does it go right down and up all the time?

Comper100
Old 25 October 2004, 07:09 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Yeah I checked & it goes all the way up & down. I tried the "helping it" thing with no difference

Cheers

MAFFA
Old 25 October 2004, 07:16 PM
Comper100
Scooby Regular

Hmm. Thats odd, perhaps something has broke inside, so it does not know where to stop and start?

Comper100
Old 26 October 2004, 06:56 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default elecy aerial

Originally Posted by Comper100
Hmm. Thats odd, perhaps something has broke inside, so it does not know where to stop and start?

Comper100
mine does exactly the same ,when i first got the car ,i just disconected the aerial by the jack plug and listened to cds , but the other day i put a switch near the motor in the wiring loom so when i put radio on i flick switch until aerial fully extended the flick switch to cut the power to motor , then vice versa for putting it down , i think the motor must have some form of switch inside which closes when aerial up/down which is probably fecked, so case of new motor or abit of d.i.y.
hope this helps D.
Old 28 October 2004, 09:41 AM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

That's a bit of an awkward way around it but if it works then cool . I might speak to Subaru and ask then the spec on the aerial to see if there's something inside that needs replacing or if we just need a new aerial

MAFFA
Old 14 March 2005, 01:48 PM
Andy916
Scooby Regular

Default Electric aerial wiring question

Anyone know what connection I need to make from an Alpine headunit to power the aerial on a JDM MY95 WRX?

The aerial worked ok with the Addzest rad/cass/tv that was fitted up til yesterday. I soldered the Alpine loom to the all-in-one connector off the Addzest and all is well apart from powering up the aerial. The Alpine has a blue lead to power the aerial - does anyone know what I need to connect this to? The WRX connector has an orange lead on it, the only one not accounted for, so I thought that must be it. However, connecting blue to orange doesn't do anything, no response from aerial.

The WRX loom has 2 earths ... should I connect both of these to the Alpine? (only one is connected at moment).

Andy