bugeye misfire...

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 12:34 AM
The Welshman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugeye misfire...

Hi folks...
I have searched for misfire and read the threads etc, but am still no wiser... Over the weekend, i happened to come up against a Rover 200 Hatchback... at a set of lights, and I could not get away from him.. if actual fact if he hadnt been balked he would have left me on acceleration... Now before this I had a feeling that my 2001 bugeye wagon wasn't running as it should, and tonight i tested it by accelerating as hard as possible in 2nd, 3rd and 4th,, in all gears there is a definate stuttering hesitation...and I am getting about 185 miles per tankful...not a lot considering I have been driving it round town last week, like an old lady!!. could the two things be related?
There is no way a Rover 200 should leave a uk wrx wagon, so I have a problem... I need your help folks, and suggestions as to what to check, what it could be etc..It is a lot slower than my old uk 99 was...
Thanks folks...
Old 08 November 2004, 11:54 AM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

Did it have an orange grill...
Old 08 November 2004, 03:40 PM
ashackle
Scooby Newbie

This sounds very much like a problem I have with my 2001 bugeye, it's due back at the dealers this week so I'll let you know what they say.
Old 08 November 2004, 08:19 PM
The Welshman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamesemt
Did it have an orange grill...
No idea mate... it was alongside, and then a bit in front of me!!!fairly big exhaust though!!
Old 11 November 2004, 03:39 PM
ashackle
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by The Welshman
Hi folks...
I have searched for misfire and read the threads etc, but am still no wiser... Over the weekend, i happened to come up against a Rover 200 Hatchback... at a set of lights, and I could not get away from him.. if actual fact if he hadnt been balked he would have left me on acceleration... Now before this I had a feeling that my 2001 bugeye wagon wasn't running as it should, and tonight i tested it by accelerating as hard as possible in 2nd, 3rd and 4th,, in all gears there is a definate stuttering hesitation...and I am getting about 185 miles per tankful...not a lot considering I have been driving it round town last week, like an old lady!!. could the two things be related?
There is no way a Rover 200 should leave a uk wrx wagon, so I have a problem... I need your help folks, and suggestions as to what to check, what it could be etc..It is a lot slower than my old uk 99 was...
Thanks folks...
Turned out to be a dodgy spark plug. They garage reset the ecu aswell. Hope this helps.