Notices

Clutch problem or not!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2004, 07:41 AM
robuk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch problem or not!!!!!!!!!!

The last couple of days my car has been "over revving" without doing anything and then it seems to catch and just gets on with it. I thought it was the clutch but it's pretty intermittent and seems to happen when the weather is really cold as it has been over the past couple of days, and leaving home between 05:30 and 6am probably does not help, but travelling back from work late afternoon I don't have the problem.

I run a classic MY99 ex Prodrive car, with the full PPP and a quick shift gear box and it's pushing about 300 BHP if thats any use, as I'm not mechanically minded.

I'm heading away for Xmas so any help anyone can give to put me in the right direction as to what the problem may be would be greatfully appreciated, as it does not look like the Garage will be able to fit me in before then.

Cheers

Rob
rob@rallymag.com
Old 21 December 2004, 07:58 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

From your brief description it certainly sounds like your experiening clutch flare or slip..The temp really shouldnt have anything to do with it,unless your getting some kind of release arm sticking issue..whichever way,your looking at gearbox out and sort the problem..

Hope this helps

Gary
Old 21 December 2004, 11:54 AM
robuk
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
From your brief description it certainly sounds like your experiening clutch flare or slip..The temp really shouldnt have anything to do with it,unless your getting some kind of release arm sticking issue..whichever way,your looking at gearbox out and sort the problem..

Hope this helps

Gary
Cheers Gary

Rob