Notices

Few probs with MY94 WRX.....

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 05:29 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Few probs with MY94 WRX.....

Right now first of all i changed the pipe on my intercooler to a samco one and now my revs are all over the place somtimes and when say i'm in 4th doing 40 and floor it the car somtimes jerks and i have to change down a gear to move quicker..also when i first turn the engine on in the morneing the revs used to be high then rest at 900 ish now it seems to go up and down then sticks to 1000 Looked at all the pipes and can't seem to find any loose or teared.Replaced the air filter to a green panel and even though it breaths a bit better it still has this problem..any ideas????

I also recently changed both my transmission and engine oil and my car dosn't like it one bit! The transmission side of it is fine and so much smoother but i used 10w40 in the engine and i think it might be to thin with my car having 64K and probably always been run on 15w50 (not sure on this just a guess!) When i first start the engine it feels like somone is thumping under my seat with a hammer and the engine has gone a lot noisier and sounds even louder than it was but without going any quicker.Should i get some 15w/50 in there again???

I'm going in for a remap soon and don't want it dodgy so they can't tune it properly!
Old 12 May 2005, 05:47 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

its hard to say what the prob is mate, are you sure all the pipes are on proprly?? not doubting but thats what it seems like.

Oil - fully synthetic must be used for best results - i use motul 10-40 runs sweet as a nut with that stuff in!.

check your plugs and coil packs, check that your 3 port boost solenoid is working ok (loud ticking noise if it is ok)
if it was me i wouldn't get it tuned until the problem is cured mate.
oh and clean your maf with bit of brake or carb spray, the maf is usually the best on early scoobs quite heavy duty but still need tlc!!!

good luck with it.

tim
Old 12 May 2005, 05:54 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Well i had a bad misfire after i got it but chnaged the plugs to NGK's and it was perfect after that..i know what you mean about it being hard to describe Dosn't happen all the time but it's just running really strange.

Solenoid is clicking too mate..I use Optimax and recently started using booster wonder if this is affecting it?
Old 12 May 2005, 06:18 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

you definately checked the samco boost pipe? its not caught underneah it where it slides on and stuck on the lip?

cant see booster affecting it unless its clogged your plugs up with deposits and can also clog up your lambda sensor.
Old 12 May 2005, 07:43 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Just been out in it and it is so much slower just dosn't seem to want to boost right or accelerate properly! FFS can't i just get a diagnostic done on it?????
Old 12 May 2005, 07:44 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Pipe seems fine timmy! think you might be right about the carbon though mate...
Old 12 May 2005, 07:54 PM
joegoi
Scooby Newbie

just a thought i been playing around with the pipes check valve and no add n subtract. think is the boost solenoid valve pipe is fallen or loose........or any pipe from the manifold.........
Old 12 May 2005, 09:00 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Those Samco pipes require you to cut the original plastic pipe to your own measurements. If you have left the pipe too long, it can kink the Samco at one of the bends, reducing the area and creating a bottleneck restriction. Double check the connections but also check both bends doesn't look squashed in any way.

Good luck