PPP ecu on classic, and upping power more lol

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2005, 05:00 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP ecu on classic, and upping power more lol

hi all,

just need a few answers to my questions to make sure i am understanding myself right LOL

my car is a my99 uk running the prodrive ppp ecu, car is making good power for its mods imo (maybe other will say its ***** lol) 270bhp 271lbft,

other mods are just full exhaust, downpipe, decat, and the rest of the system, afterburner back box, uprated intercooler piping (if that makes a difference)

anyway i'm getting off the point LOL

i am right in think to get to the power level that i'd ideally be happy with the ecu will not be able to be flash remapped ala tek3 stylee,

as and i'm sure some of you will correct me, i want to change the td04 to a td05 16g (i think thats the best compromise love the laglessness.) get a walbro, fse , and remap to get to over 300bhp, i'm thinking 320bhp odd. I was toying the idea of a tmic of a sti 5,

just need ideas at the moment as i have a few tit bits to get it looking as i want and most importanly the defis are goin back in next week

btw is there a louder box than afterburner ? well i say louder, i mean more gruff, sounds nice as it is. just wondered if its possible to get louder as mine seems very loud

Last edited by Ralph Wiggum; 07 August 2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: comments on backbox made me look like a chav lol
Old 07 August 2005, 05:22 PM
dieard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
hi all,

just need a few answers to my questions to make sure i am understanding myself right LOL

my car is a my99 uk running the prodrive ppp ecu, car is making good power for its mods imo (maybe other will say its ***** lol) 270bhp 271lbft,

other mods are just full exhaust, downpipe, decat, and the rest of the system, afterburner back box, uprated intercooler piping (if that makes a difference)

anyway i'm getting off the point LOL

i am right in think to get to the power level that i'd ideally be happy with the ecu will not be able to be flash remapped ala tek3 stylee,

as and i'm sure some of you will correct me, i want to change the td04 to a td05 16g (i think thats the best compromise love the laglessness.) get a walbro, fse , and remap to get to over 300bhp, i'm thinking 320bhp odd. I was toying the idea of a tmic of a sti 5,

just need ideas at the moment as i have a few tit bits to get it looking as i want and most importanly the defis are goin back in next week

btw is there a louder box than afterburner ? well i say louder, i mean more gruff, sounds nice as it is. just wondered if its possible to get louder as mine seems very loud
are you just looking for aloud exhaust?
i have a ppp on my my99 too, they fit a new stainless steel front and rear exhaust as part of the package, so i take it your removing the pro drive back box> or already have done so?
Old 07 August 2005, 05:28 PM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

no just wondered if it possible to get louder than that back box.

the ppp exhaust they fitted has been chopped and changed in bits, i mean its making good power imo,

i happy enough with the zorst setup, sounds like its blowing a bit though
Old 07 August 2005, 05:39 PM
dieard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum
no just wondered if it possible to get louder than that back box.

the ppp exhaust they fitted has been chopped and changed in bits, i mean its making good power imo,

i happy enough with the zorst setup, sounds like its blowing a bit though
my ppp back box was quite too, then i thought it was blowing, but turned out to be the cat, so had to by a new back box, i got a 4" magnex slash, nice and loud,

but if i could go back, i would prob get a jap back box (you know the ones which dont have names), or a ninja, they are nice and loud,

also a full decat would make it "ear blowing" he he
Old 08 August 2005, 02:01 AM
Ralph Wiggum
Scooby Regular

ill get the blowing noise checked out,

anyway back on topic lol.

as per first thread question