Induction kit and Dump Valve for "00" Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2005, 08:00 AM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Induction kit and Dump Valve for "00" Classic

Just bought a "00" classic with PPP.

Wanted to help stop the turbo stalling and free up a few more horse's.

Had a K&N Induction kit and GFB dump valve fitted, but not sure if it was the right thing to do, or if I need anything more doing to get the car set up right? (Remap?)

With the induction kit, it seems to make the car run "rougher"? If you blip the throttle at standstill, or on the overun there's a "pop"/"splutter" Is this normal, should I be concerned?

I'm considering putting the std stuff back for piece of mind, as I don't want to be forking out loads of money to rebuild an engine, just for the sake of a whoosh noise!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09 August 2005, 08:23 AM
jazzasti
Scooby Regular

if i were you i"d def put the standard d/v back on as these work well anyway!the vta(noisey)d/v that you have put on will make no difference to your power and you may get idleing problems etc...i just swapped mine back over to standard and it made a big difference in performance(not power).as for your induction,again with the standard airbox and decent panel filter such as green you should be fine,apparentley induction kits play havoc with your air flow meter etc...hope this helps,although opinions vary,what works well for one etc...
Old 15 August 2005, 09:53 AM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for the help.

J

Originally Posted by jazzasti
if i were you i"d def put the standard d/v back on as these work well anyway!the vta(noisey)d/v that you have put on will make no difference to your power and you may get idleing problems etc...i just swapped mine back over to standard and it made a big difference in performance(not power).as for your induction,again with the standard airbox and decent panel filter such as green you should be fine,apparentley induction kits play havoc with your air flow meter etc...hope this helps,although opinions vary,what works well for one etc...