Notices

Engine troubles.......................

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2005, 07:57 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Engine troubles.......................

Hi all,
This problem relates to the sport, i know it far inferior to your wrx etc but please help, the other firum is not much help,anyone have any ideas about the following.....could it be plugs.leads etc or something far worse :-(

1.when downshifting through the gears, if i do it at about 1500rpm,say from 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd approaching lights etc, my engine judders/vibrates alot,you can feel it through the whole car, its enuf to make the exhaust hit the hangers in places, although there isnt much gap here,the same kind if you pull off in 3rd for example and nearly stall it, but worse,you can feel it throughout the car,its only on downshift,upshift is alright,idling is lumpy also,when pulling off upto about 1500 rpm its very ruff,not misfiring but similair,just lumpy really.

2.the car is very ruff at idle,lumpy idles about 700rpm and when the engine is revved theres movement,about 2"to the side.i did suspect engine mounts, any other ideas ?!!??!?! Any info or any pointers in the right direction appreciated,im thinking of selling it already,not impressed by my 1st impreza,albeit a sport,its got 56k on it.

cheers............
Old 16 August 2005, 08:19 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

When were the plugs last changed?
Other than that, possibly plug leads or coil pack by the sounds of things.
Old 16 August 2005, 09:35 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well, i think the plugs were last done at45k, its now at 56, so i guess they could do changing,but i have had cars before with plugs at 15k on them,no probs, so i think its somewaht deeper, but have a look what i just found, when i pulled off plug lead 3,i couldnt get th eplug off, thats becuase this was still attched to plug, clean pulled away from HT lead, now, as the car ran, albeit ruff, would this be the problem, as the leads are £40ish, dont want to get them and find it still like it,any thoughts...

Old 16 August 2005, 09:43 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lead being broke is a problem, but that might not have been the cause of the original trouble, change the plugs first, then see what it's like...