Notices

Do i need to buy a gasket for a FE TD05 conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2005, 06:21 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need to buy a gasket for a FE TD05 conversion?

Im changing my 90 degree TD 05 and putting a FE TD05 into my 1995 WRX, do i need to buy any gaskets and does anyone know where to get them and a price, need them for friday if so?
Old 20 September 2005, 06:50 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to remove the turbo then its probably a good idea to get a down pipe gasket , you could reuse the old one but for the sake of a few quid I'd use a new one as you don't want to do that job to many times.

And if your going to remove the inlet manifold see above

Roger Clarke have never let me down with their deliveries and will have everything you need as will Lateral Performance
Old 20 September 2005, 10:26 PM
gazza19800sti1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up tdo5 fe

i would be ready for a couple on new studs and nuts too as well as up pipe gasket. you do know probs wi fe with entry pipe re routing dont you ? you need differnt power steering res , fuel rails in way . water pipe in way etc etc plus relly you could wi some manifold spacers to help too with room and also breathers etc etc. gaz any question mail me got most answers and way round it thanks gaz
Old 21 September 2005, 12:36 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Are you just changing the compressor cover? If so this can be done with the turbo in place (inlet pipe removed etc obviously) but you will need one hell of a set of circlip pliers to get the cover off!!

Tony.
Old 21 September 2005, 02:53 PM
AndrewC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Are you just changing the compressor cover? If so this can be done with the turbo in place (inlet pipe removed etc obviously) but you will need one hell of a set of circlip pliers to get the cover off!!

Tony.
It depends where the circlip ends are as to whether or not you can get to them with the turbo in place.

Andrew (owner of a very large pair of circlip pliers)...
Old 21 September 2005, 09:02 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

I am replacing my TD05 90 degree for one already converted, i have the manifold spacers, 4 gaskets, doing a parallel fuel mod so have all hoses, sx regulator all fitting and adaptor for rail. I have purchased an sti 3 inlet tract and also a my99 power steering reservoir which i think is needed for the inlet tract to pass under the manifold, i have longer manifold bolts and have replaced the up pipe and downpipe for hayward and scott last year so bolts should hopefully come off ok.

Is there any other parts i need to buy?

After looking think i need to move my header tank as in the way of the inlet tract and hose going to air filter and maf.
Old 22 September 2005, 10:43 AM
AndrewC
Scooby Regular

I replaced the uppipe and downpipe gaskets the first time I changed my turbo, I have had this turbo off 3 or 4 times since for various changes and am still using the same gaskets.

Use common sense, if there is an obvious leaking or cracked fire ring on the gasket then replace it.

HTH
Andrew...