Notices

have castrol changed the 'ingredients' of formula RS?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2005, 07:10 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have castrol changed the 'ingredients' of formula RS?

just wondering if there's been a change to RS 10/60 as i've just bought 4 litres off ebay for a reasonable £20 and true to form i'm doing my research after buying

have i bought some old stock? and more to the point does it matter, has it got a shelf life? (it's unopened by the way)

having a paranoid day today for some reason!

ta
Old 27 September 2005, 12:24 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

the oil does have a shelf life of 24 months. If you can find the batch number on it I may be able to tell you when it was made.
It may be old stock or it may not be. Castrol used to do that grade in a 4 ltr on its own, but they stopped doing it. They now only supply it in a 4 x 4ltr box (each box contains 4 x 4 ltr cartons), however there is nothing to stop the reseller opening the box and selling each carton seperately. This definately applies to the uk but dont know about the rest of the world.
Old 27 September 2005, 07:11 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
the oil does have a shelf life of 24 months. If you can find the batch number on it I may be able to tell you when it was made.
It may be old stock or it may not be. Castrol used to do that grade in a 4 ltr on its own, but they stopped doing it. They now only supply it in a 4 x 4ltr box (each box contains 4 x 4 ltr cartons), however there is nothing to stop the reseller opening the box and selling each carton seperately. This definately applies to the uk but dont know about the rest of the world.
thanks for that should be turning up tommorrow so i'll give it a once over.

if the pic on ebay is what i'm getting, then it looks no different to the stuff i got from castrol classic a few weeks back. hope it's ok as he's got more