idle air control solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2005, 09:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy idle air control solenoid

any ideas on what symptoms to expect when the idle air control solenoid has packed up?, have noticed fault code 24 showing up , i am experiencing hesitation when i get to around 4000rpm and the car starts to misfire and kangaroo until i back off the throttle. i have changed the maf sensor, spark plugs and am getting round to the coil packs but after that am at a loss to what the prob is
Old 19 October 2005, 10:04 PM
BVM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Symptoms I had :
P1507 cel
Hunting idle from 900-2,200ish
AFR 22.4 !!!!!!!!!!!!! at idle
Rough idle once CEL lit. Sounds like its running on 2 cylinders
Old 20 October 2005, 11:22 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Wink PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds
any ideas on what symptoms to expect when the idle air control solenoid has packed up?, have noticed fault code 24 showing up , i am experiencing hesitation when i get to around 4000rpm and the car starts to misfire and kangaroo until i back off the throttle. i have changed the maf sensor, spark plugs and am getting round to the coil packs but after that am at a loss to what the prob is
You have PM
Kev
Old 20 October 2005, 11:34 AM
scooby_mania_yeah
Scooby Regular

I have this problem too, I disconnected my Maf sensor and the car does not even want to start.. But when i connect the maf it starts and drives ok.. Its only at 4000 Revs . Hesitation and misfire..., Changed plugs aswell...

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Old 20 October 2005, 11:40 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Wink

Originally Posted by scooby_mania_yeah
I have this problem too, I disconnected my Maf sensor and the car does not even want to start.. But when i connect the maf it starts and drives ok.. Its only at 4000 Revs . Hesitation and misfire..., Changed plugs aswell...

I've PM Kingofturd a long message, but the shortened version is...............................coilpacks

Kev
Old 20 October 2005, 12:33 PM
scooby_mania_yeah
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the Quick reply Kev, How do i know if a coil pack has gone .. I do have spares...

Originally Posted by KEVWRX95
I've PM Kingofturd a long message, but the shortened version is...............................coilpacks

Kev
Old 26 October 2005, 09:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

changed plugs/ maf sensor was still running like a bag of sh*t . this monday i changed the vta dumpvalve back to the recirc one and changed the air idle solenoid and was running perfect.......... until tonight was at about 6000rpm when i lost all power,could not get above 2000rpm .so limped home for about 4 miles ,then about half a mile before i got home it started running fine again. i have checked to see if i have replaced all the hoses i took off when replacing dv/ais and everything is as it should. any ideas? i want my scooby back to normal