Notices

Fuel Pump - Help Urgently Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2005, 06:38 PM
The Grim Reaper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump - Help Urgently Needed

OK, the dealer has confirmed it as a fuel pump problem with our 95 Impreza WRX Sti, the problem now is what do I do about it? Replacing the fuel pump is not a problem, it's what fuel pump to buy and whether it's cheaper to go for an upgrade with other relevant bits or just a standard fuel pump. My worry is that, if the misfire is caused by the fuel pump, are we running the engine lean? I won't be able to find out until I can get the plugs out at the weekend.

So, what I need is advice from those that have gone for an uprated fuel pump, what else needs to be done to accompany it? Bigger injectors? Anything else? Our car is standard and I can't afford a re-map etc so is it best to just fit a new standard pump?

Help!

Cheers

Grim
Old 09 November 2005, 06:44 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

If its just the pump then Just fit a walbro pump job done

Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper
OK, the dealer has confirmed it as a fuel pump problem with our 95 Impreza WRX Sti, the problem now is what do I do about it? Replacing the fuel pump is not a problem, it's what fuel pump to buy and whether it's cheaper to go for an upgrade with other relevant bits or just a standard fuel pump. My worry is that, if the misfire is caused by the fuel pump, are we running the engine lean? I won't be able to find out until I can get the plugs out at the weekend.

So, what I need is advice from those that have gone for an uprated fuel pump, what else needs to be done to accompany it? Bigger injectors? Anything else? Our car is standard and I can't afford a re-map etc so is it best to just fit a new standard pump?

Help!

Cheers

Grim
Old 09 November 2005, 07:04 PM
The Grim Reaper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by morpheous
If its just the pump then Just fit a walbro pump job done
Cheers for the quick reply but I'd heard that the Walbro one can over fuel the engine. I know that running rich is better than running lean but is this a problem? Also, there is a Walbro one for sale that I have found, new, but it's up for 90 quid, is that too expensive?

Cheers

Grim
Old 09 November 2005, 08:51 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 385 Likes on 307 Posts

they are only that brand new.......................

you may find that a 255ltr/hr pump is too much for a std car - you will most probably need a fuel pressure reg to suit also............

alyn