Notices

Do i need a remapped ecu if i fit a FMIC and whats dumpvalve and Induction kit

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2005, 08:36 PM
wildfire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need a remapped ecu if i fit a FMIC and whats dumpvalve and Induction kit

Thinking of getting a FMIC from a group buy going on at the moment to fit to a my00 impreza classic with the following spec (full decat, td04 - will probably upgrade to TD05 soon, megan headers, green panel filter) is it necessary to get a remap like a tek3 or can the standard ecu cope with it until i can eventually do a remap after more mods.

On another note i take it i will have to get an induction kit and a differant dumpvalve, when fitting the FMIC. Anybody got on any views on what would be the best choices.
Cheers for the advise in advance.

Last edited by wildfire; 25 November 2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 24 November 2005, 08:39 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

with a td05 fitted you should of had your car mapped already, but you will definately need some sort of induction kit and a map once the FMIC is fitted, i think you need a dump valve from a 98 year car or earlier unless you have some form of adapter plate

i think the megan headers will start blowing once you map the car on td05 and fmic

Last edited by stevebt; 24 November 2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 24 November 2005, 08:55 PM
wildfire
Scooby Regular

TD05 has not been fitted yet but wont be long now hopefully.
Old 25 November 2005, 04:57 PM
wildfire
Scooby Regular

up
Old 25 November 2005, 06:19 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I've already got the hybrid front mount intercooler on my car, SSS used my car in some of his pictures, you will need to purchase a pre 98 dump valve, ie one that doesn't bolt directly onto the intercooler. I picked up a bailey one 2nd hand for £50.

You will need an induction kit as you can't keep the airbox as one of the pipes goes down through wing where this is normally located. some induction kits use a very large cone which can also get in the way (HKS), I already had a K&N induction kit and this fitted well with the pipe work.

With regards to the TD05, I think I remember reading somewhere you have to bend the oil pipe slightly, I'm sure someone will pop along and advise you on this.

I ran my car on the standard TD04 + the front mount for nearly three months with no problems. I would recommend fitting the front mount and then have the turbo fitted and a remap at the same time.

I had my turbo (VF28) fitted at API this week and the remap tweeked at the same time (Already had a Tek2). David did me a good price regarding fitting and the remap.
Old 25 November 2005, 07:12 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

so there you go then, all sorted

all you need to do now is to put your name on the list and we are one step away
Old 25 November 2005, 07:56 PM
wildfire
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the responses! I have allready sourced a TD05 unit and was considering the FMIC as the next mod, so further expenses of having to buy an induction kit and dumpvalve are not good, but the fact that i will have to get a remap straight away is something i was hopeing to put off till next year due to the cost.

With regard to the dumpvalve has anyone fitted one off a pre 99 scoob as i have read on hear that if its not recirculating type in can mess things up, if need be i will get one of the vta ones. Filter wise my thoughts were the k&n 57i.

Trending Topics

Old 25 November 2005, 11:31 PM
scottySTI3
Scooby Regular

don't mean to cut in but i thought the K'N were bad cause there oil coated filters and thats what causes the MAF to fail ?? im confused now
Old 26 November 2005, 11:39 AM
wildfire
Scooby Regular

From what i have read, if they are secured well it stops vibration which damages the maf sensor, oil can damage the maf, but k&n are supposed to be good. Somebody has just started a group buy on aps induction kit which are supposed to be good, but expensive.

Originally Posted by scottySTI3
don't mean to cut in but i thought the K'N were bad cause there oil coated filters and thats what causes the MAF to fail ?? im confused now