Notices

new motor

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2005, 12:18 PM
kscoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new motor

i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. i want to but a scooby but i hear alot about the engines going on them. is there any common fault with them that makes this happen or is it down to just people not taken good care of them. any info or guidance would be most welcome . thanks in advance
Old 10 December 2005, 12:31 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kscoob
i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. i want to but a scooby but i hear alot about the engines going on them. is there any common fault with them that makes this happen or is it down to just people not taken good care of them. any info or guidance would be most welcome . thanks in advance
Welcome Mate. The Scooby is a very reliable car if properly treated. If you warm it up, cool it down and service it correctly it will give you years of happiness. Problems occur with SOME imports which are set up for 100RON fuel in Japan then run on our lower octane fuel. My 40k. OOMY UK car has had no mechanical/ trim failures, but it has been properly looked after If you use the Search at the page there are plenty of threads about high mileage Scoobs and likewise you can hear of the problems others have experienced.
Go for it you won't regret it. Good luck