Notices

Anyone know what the TSL Group N backbox is like?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2005, 04:17 PM
wrx_moto
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know what the TSL Group N backbox is like?

Hi,

Thinking of getting a a TSL Group N 4" backbox and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one.

I'm after an exhaust that's got the classic scooby burble but isn't quite as loud as something like the Afterburner Vortex - don't really want to upset the neighbours too much.

The alternative I was considering was the H&S classic but thought the 4" tailpipe of the TSL might looker better.

and what about the build quality cause it costs quite a bit less than some of the other exhausts out there.

Cheers
Old 19 December 2005, 06:51 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Yep,the TSL Zorst gets the thumbs up from me.The quality and fit is excellent,While the exhaust note is not too outrageously loud

don't know if you have a classic or a newage,but

hth Jon
Old 19 December 2005, 07:23 PM
James_PowerMad
Scooby Regular

Question

I'm thinking about getting one of these TSL boxes too... And am also very worried about it being too noisy.

There are a few subjective reports about it (not outrageously loud etc), but everyone has different standards as to what is acceptable

Does anyone know for example where it rates (noise wise) next to something like the H&S classic 3.5" box, or the H&S jap style box - especially if the car is to be downpiped / fully decatted?

As an example of my noise standards, I heard my mate's new H&S jap style back box + center silencer bypass pipe today, and immediately after starting and idleing it seems a bit too 'boomy' to live with (and neighbours) everyday!

I really want to know if the TSL box is going to be a bit friendlier on the ears!

Please help, as I'm REALLY itching to place an order, but still don't know which one to go for!!!

Cheers all

Last edited by James_PowerMad; 19 December 2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 19 December 2005, 07:24 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

echo the above not too loud, good quality, sounds quite good too.

mike
Old 19 December 2005, 09:09 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Same here, sounds good without being too intrusive, excellent quality .
Old 19 December 2005, 09:37 PM
StephenPope
Scooby Regular

Guys, guys, guys, hate to disappoint, but my MY04 STI with TSL 333 (which includes grp N b/b) is in my paranoid opinion, a bit on the noisy side. That said, the additional modifications which come with the TSL 333 will make this noisier anyway. By comparison, I used to have a fully de-catted afterburner on my old MY98 Classic UK turbo which was ridiculously noisy (several fists shaken etc.) I then swapped the b/b for a Scoobysport which I found to be excellent - noisy when you want it to be and quiet when it needs to be. TSL apparently do not offer a quieter b/b soI am keeping mine as is but I reckon a few of my neighbours reckon I must be a kn0b. Still f&ck them - it sound smashin!!! Why not get a second hand one. That way if you do not like it, you can sell it on and not take much of a hit!! Good luck (and do not listen tp me too much - I am totally paranoid - always have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 19 December 2005, 10:47 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Yep,the TSL Zorst gets the thumbs up from me.The quality and fit is excellent,While the exhaust note is not too outrageously loud

don't know if you have a classic or a newage,but

hth Jon
rb5, a beaut.
Old 20 December 2005, 08:41 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

i have tsl group n bb with decat not too loud on cruising wife and 3 year old daughter sleep fine in car and great on full boost
martin
Old 20 December 2005, 09:43 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Yep i have a group N with the 4" out, mated to a full decat. Cruising at 80ish no worries. Sounds fantastic of WOT and over run.