induction kits?

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2005, 06:28 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default induction kits?

hi guys

just wondering i picked up my 97 turbo 2000 ppp nlast week and have to say i am enjoying every minute of driving at the moment.

just wondering hte car came with an induction kit fitted and a dump valve, (if you need to know the models let me know and i will check) what my question is that from what i can make out not many of you rate an induction kit or a dump valve change, you seem to go for a upgrade panel filter and stick with the standard valve

can i ask why is this? will the car run better? as i was under the belief that induction kits helped and same goes with the upgraded dumpvalve?

could you shed some light and point me in the right direction as if it is the case i will rmeove them and go back to standard

thanks

steve
Old 19 December 2005, 07:35 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some don't like induction kits as there have been cases of oil (used to trap particles inside the filter) damaging the MAF sensor which can cause engines to go pop. Dry type filters such as the Apex'i one should be ok though.

Atmospheric dump valves cause the engine to run rich (too much fuel) between gear changes which can cause some rough running problems. I've used atmospheric dump valves on previous cars and experienced no problems. If the car runs well then you should be ok.