Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2005, 11:05 AM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost gauge and bov

ok will start from the beginning .....

i own a 1995 wrx :-)

wanted to fit a dump valve a friend gave me a bailey one so of i went to buy the fitting kit .... which i fitted after about 10 mins which i thought was good for me , thats when it all started to go wrong ......

started the car up but it would not tick over it was racing up and down from 500 to 1500 revs ....so this left me to believe there was a problem , so decide to put the old one back when doing this i caught the pipe that runs somewhere and also to my boost gauge (clear pipe) ...

so old one back on and seems to be running ok , so take it for a drive and the boost gauge seems to read different now , am sure before it would go up to 0.7 buit now only just reading 0.5 at very high revs ...when the car is at 40 mph and running just over 2000 revs the boost gauge is reading -0.6 ...

so have a caused a problem by removing the pipe to the gauge or by trying to fit the bov ???

technical stuff is not my best point so please take it easy ....

also need an other dump valve can any one point me in the right direction looking for one not to expensive

thanks phil
Old 22 December 2005, 11:14 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

It sounds like you may have a leak somewhere. I would recheck all the hoses and make sure you have the standard dv connected the correct way. I think there may be an arrow on it which will tell you the flow direction.

If everything is okay there, did you have a check engine light illuminate on your dashboard as it sounds like the car could be in limp mode.
Old 22 December 2005, 11:19 AM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
It sounds like you may have a leak somewhere. I would recheck all the hoses and make sure you have the standard dv connected the correct way. I think there may be an arrow on it which will tell you the flow direction.

If everything is okay there, did you have a check engine light illuminate on your dashboard as it sounds like the car could be in limp mode.
the car is running ok ish now i think ...apart from the boost seems to be lower than before ....
is there somewere that tells me what the boost should be running at for a standard car ???
but when i did put the bailey on the check engine light did come on!!!!!but now back to orginal one
Old 22 December 2005, 11:20 AM
pete hambling
Scooby Newbie

also could be too soft spring inside bov try increasing spring rate