Notices

ECU Chip Question

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2005, 01:19 PM
neonfury
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Chip Question

I've recently had a remap done. The guy that did it used a Legacy ecu I had lying about as it already has the piggy back chip holder in place as standard for the extra chip needed. I want to know, can I remove the chip and put it in another ecu and still retain my remap? Or will I lose some of the remap in the current ECU.

The reason I'm doing this is due to teribble over boosting on half throttle position (the legacy ecu did this before it was remapped). And my ABS and emissions light are on due to the legacy ecu.

The car is a 1993 WRX import.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Nat
Old 29 December 2005, 01:29 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

your map is on the chip on the piggyback board. Remove that and you will lose it and go back to the standard map of the ecu (you need to connect up the J1 resistor too) which is a legacy map. If you put the piggyback board on the original wrx ecu then you will still have overboosting problems if the map is the cause.

It sounds like you should put your original WRX ecu back in as not only does your map sound bad (overboosting) but having the legacy check-engine light issue is not a good idea.

Get another map done on a scoobyecu or stick with the standard map on the WRX ecu.

Last edited by Roojai; 29 December 2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 29 December 2005, 02:09 PM
neonfury
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Roojai
your map is on the chip on the piggyback board. Remove that and you will lose it and go back to the standard map of the ecu (you need to connect up the J1 resistor too) which is a legacy map. If you put the piggyback board on the original wrx ecu then you will still have overboosting problems if the map is the cause.

It sounds like you should put your original WRX ecu back in as not only does your map sound bad (overboosting) but having the legacy check-engine light issue is not a good idea.

Get another map done on a scoobyecu or stick with the standard map on the WRX ecu.
Many thanks for the reply! Much apprecited :-)

Nath