Notices

slight knocking from engine. wat could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 05:29 PM
rentonone
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default slight knocking from engine. wat could it be?

ive noticed today that my engine has got a very slight deep knocking noise coming rom the bottem end,do you think it could be my big ends? the car has been standing for about a week tho could it be anythin to do with that? its definatly not piston slap its more deep than that. its a my00 with 82000 miles. if it is the big end bearings knocking how much does it cost to repair? i would take the engine out myself. thanks
Old 04 February 2006, 05:45 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this knocking noise come when you first start the car up from cold, cause my car does exactly the same a very slight knocking until the car is fully warmed up.

But to be fair, when my car has been left for a few days, it always sounds like a bag of **** until its warmed theres usually a load of knocking sounds come from everywhere, and thats with 20000 miles on the clock.
Old 04 February 2006, 06:51 PM
rentonone
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Does this knocking noise come when you first start the car up from cold, cause my car does exactly the same a very slight knocking until the car is fully warmed up.

But to be fair, when my car has been left for a few days, it always sounds like a bag of **** until its warmed theres usually a load of knocking sounds come from everywhere, and thats with 20000 miles on the clock.
ive never really heard it before but its bin off the road for about a week cause ive been fitting a new intercooler and wen i first started it up there was the usual piston slap crap that does my nut in but there was also a quite loud bottom end nocking that lasted about 5 mins then went but i can still here a slight hint of it wen its warm to. i stat driving myself crazey wen it comes to engine noises i think i'll just turn the stereo up from now on. lol