Mapping Apexi power FC

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2006, 09:23 PM
fanfan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mapping Apexi power FC

Hello,

It's my first post on scoobynet, i read a lot of info here! very a good forum with good tips! Thanks !

I have few question about the apexi power fc. Im in canada and nobody can help me to tune it, so i need to make it by my self, so here is a couple of question:

- The Timing map is mesured with the RPM and The Load, The load is mesured by the map in BAR ?
- What is the best AFR for a Scooby ?
- Does anyone can send me a base map or a map of fuel/timing to see and understand some elements?
- What setting i need to put for the inectors ? ms ?
- Water Correction ?

My car is a STi version 4 with HKS Manifold, HKS 3" downpipe, HKS SSQV, HKS Mushroom Air Filter, Apexi N1 Catback and Apexi Midpipe (everything is decat!)

Thanks all for your help it's very appreciated! If anyone have another tip let me know !

Max

Last edited by fanfan; 06 February 2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06 February 2006, 10:00 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Load is approximately proportional to the airflow divided by RPM. The airflow is derived from one of the five airflow tables you select, and can also then be scaled with the percentage multipliers.

I would try it with the stock settings for injectors, airflow meter, water correction etc but with low boost and some ignition retard since the stock map is based on Jap high octane fuel.

AFR depends on fuel octane, ambient temperature and boost level used. 11:1 is a safe place to start on full boost. Use a wideband and always monitor knock.