Notices

Im Sick!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2006, 07:14 PM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Sick!!!!!!

Well my head gasket blew about 4 weeks ago! got it all fixed and add'd sum extra bits etc... got the car back last wednesday!! 93 WRX, and it last'd till Friday and it has blown the head gasket again!!! How could this of happend?? totaly cooked it this time tho! guy reckons will be in the garage for bout a month!! .. So not gona make 2mora nites tts meet!! sorry guy's n galls!!!
Old 03 April 2006, 07:16 PM
lee-swindon
Scooby Regular

when the guy originaly fitted the new head gasket he couldnt have skimmed the head, therefore creating an un-even surface for the gasket to seal, i think thats wright??
Old 03 April 2006, 07:30 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

maybe a water circulation problem. Is it the same side?. Or what was said above?
Old 03 April 2006, 07:37 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any idea why the head gasket blew in the first place ... too much boost or hard driving, water pump problems, other physical problems etc.?

If the car overheated the heads may have warped, so a new gasket wouldn't cure it for long. Not sure if you can skim over-head cam heads due to cam timing issues, but should have been checked for "flatness" and being level, not warped.

Throw it back to the guy/company who changed the gasket and tell them to sort it as they haven't fixed the problem, ( unless you just asked them to change the head gasket!! which they did!!!! ).

Not sure why the car will be off the road for a month ( amount of work already booked in ? ) but should only take a few days to get engine out, strip and build, and refit ... if that's all he / they do in that period and especially since the engine has just been out ( no seized nuts! )..
Old 04 April 2006, 04:50 PM
wrxcity
Scooby Regular

i get the feeling the garage have done it on the cheap last time with it bein under warranty etc.. there not interested this time!! been on the phone 5 or 6 times! the boss is never there! so scooby is still sittting on the drive fecked!! the garage have got untill 2mora to sort somthing out then im goin to trading standards! or i will drop the car off at his garage when theres loads of customers in and make a big seen!!! will see what happens 2mora. think its the drivers side that has gone again! near the turbo!! and i could open the the whole of the streets mail with the amout of steam coming from the exhaust lol!! im getting very slowly pi55ed off!!!