Notices

fitting of boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2006, 09:13 PM
scooby scoop
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting of boost gauge

what is the best way to run the tubing for the boost gauge when fitted to a pillar pod,had a quick look but unsure of what route to take to get down to the footwell to take it out to the engine-any suggestions/pics of your installs?
Old 06 April 2006, 09:23 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

no pics but you "T" into the middle pipe in the manifold below the intercooler (there are 3). Run the pipe into the footwell by "stabbing" another hole in the gromet that has the accelerator cable. You may have to cut away a bit of the pillar trim or dash so the pipe goes through. the pipe should be small so a little shave with a stanley knife should be enough (if its needed at all).
Old 06 April 2006, 11:40 PM
RyanWRX13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thedeester1
no pics but you "T" into the middle pipe in the manifold below the intercooler (there are 3). Run the pipe into the footwell by "stabbing" another hole in the gromet that has the accelerator cable. You may have to cut away a bit of the pillar trim or dash so the pipe goes through. the pipe should be small so a little shave with a stanley knife should be enough (if its needed at all).
Does it matter which pipe on the manifold you use? On my MY94 WRX import the boost gauge was connected ( T'd ) off the pipe on the left,,,,not saying anyone is wrong, I'm just curious as I'm due to fit a boost gauge to my Wagon .

Cheers Paul.