Notices

frount mounts with Mocal oil coolers.

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2006, 06:43 PM
benrb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frount mounts with Mocal oil coolers.

Hi, when i bought my car it was fiited with a front mounted mocal oil cooler......ive just fitted a FMIC and had to remove it. I was going to refit it at the back of the engine bay where the old intercooler was but this space was taken up by the FMIC pipework. Has anyone else fitted there oil cooler in another position?
Old 20 April 2006, 05:22 AM
DubaiNeil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only comment on a bug-eye - I have no idea if a classic, peanut eye or any other model are tha same.

I have a FMIC and oil cooler, and the best place I found for the cooler matrix was behind the fog lamp aperature, with the fog lamp removed (obviously!).

If you remove the right hand wheel (looking at the front of the car), then remove the plastic inner wheel arch liner, there is plenty of room for the cooler.

Mounting brackets (using vibration isolator mounts) were mounted from 'above', bolted through into the engine bay between the battery and the headlight.

The problem you are likely to have is the cost of the new hoses, as these were more than the rest of the oil cooler stuff!

I'll try and take some photos, but I am not going to dismantle the car to get the 'best' shots!

Neil