Q's on fitting an alu radiator

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2006, 09:27 AM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Q's on fitting an alu radiator

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how difficult a job this would be? I'm thinking of upgrading my rad ready for summer. Read somewhere that the aluminium cores seem to be a load more efficient at dissipating heat?

Would probably look to fit some uprated fans too. But is all this too much for a basic mechanic? Does the bumper have to come off etc?
Old 21 April 2006, 11:16 AM
scoobykevuk
Scooby Regular

think you can get the rad out without taking bumper off mate from the looks of it!!
Old 21 April 2006, 11:13 PM
scoobertron
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo2
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how difficult a job this would be? I'm thinking of upgrading my rad ready for summer. Read somewhere that the aluminium cores seem to be a load more efficient at dissipating heat?

Would probably look to fit some uprated fans too. But is all this too much for a basic mechanic? Does the bumper have to come off etc?
the bumper doesnt have to come of first drain your water do it the quick way by taking bottom hose of to drain system or the tidy way by using drain plug bottom left of rad as u look at car then remove all pipes conecting to rad then remove fan switch plugs under bottom of fans or fan then remove two bolts on top of brackets going into rad the rad should then lift straight out ..........after fitting new rad and filling it with water and coolant ensure you get no airlocks in the system cause they can be a pain ......does this sound to much ? youll never know unless you have a go....
Old 22 April 2006, 11:35 AM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

as above, its a piece of pi55. just remember to pump the top and bottom rad hoses to remove air.
Old 22 April 2006, 11:54 AM
assam
Scooby Regular

as described as above I just fitted my rad 3 days ago, its 2 2bolts i think , and 4 pipes the rad slides straight out after undoing the clips near the fans...you may need to get under the car to undo these clips its a hell lot easier!!!!!

p.s if you do get an upgrade please let me know if your gonna sell your original rad I would like a spare

good luck