Notices

running rough and smoke ....help

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2006, 05:00 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running rough and smoke ....help

Can anyone help me with a major problem i have ,my car is a 95 wrx import , had the car for 3 years now and its starting to seriously play up , i was driving it the other day and i noticed it wasnt boosting to its full ptential , and it seemed to be running rather roughly as though it was only running on 3 pots but not 100% sure and there was abit of a smell of burning oil , anyway i thought it may of been the boost solenoid needed cleaning , started the car the next day and noticed alot of whitish smoke bellowing from exhaust, ,, on starting up ,drove the car a bit and noticed more white smoke , parked me car up and done a few searches on here , when car ticking overthe full car appears to be rocking alot more than it use to do , removed oil cap and there seems to be quite abit of white gunge in the filler throat and smoke appears to be coming out of it too , ,the car seems to be awfully rough when ticking over , thought it may of been a turbo at first until seeing smoke coming from oil filler ,, can anyone give me abit of advice as to what it could be , and does anyone know of any recomended subaru garages around north east uk who would check it out and give me the news ,,,, absoloutly gutted ,its me pride n joy , thanks
Old 12 June 2006, 05:04 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head gasket(s) = ****ed.
Old 12 June 2006, 05:26 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default :(

head gasket knackered , what do you think the cost will be and what would you reccomend , thanks for the quick reply all the same
Old 12 June 2006, 07:55 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default help

just thinking too, the car only had its m.o.t done last week and they put some stuff like radweld into the water to cure a slight leak on the radiator ,the radiator i was going to renew when i got paid , do any of you`s think this could be a factor as to why the head gasket has gone ,not that i`m blaming the garage like...(or and there was water in the car at the time ), anyone ...cheers ,Also can anyone recomend a good garage in the north east of england that know abit about subarus , i know a couple of lads for advice , but they tend to shy away as there not to familiar with scoobs ,,,thanks again ...
Old 12 June 2006, 08:17 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

radweld best avoided unless it used on a cheap ****bag and not the scoob. sounds like new radiator, possobly pipes and head gasket.

i had an axgt (actually ive had 10 ), heater matrix was leaking. i put in rad weld. fixed the leak but made a right mess of the insides of the engine.

stew