Notices

Annoying rattle

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2006, 12:42 PM
type49
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying rattle

I have a MY2000 classic wagon with a bad rattle from the driver's side rear door/sill area. If I sit in the osr seat, it sounds like it's inside the door or poss wheelarch/sill area. the noise is very loud, like exhaust hitting but exhaust is fine an in wrong area anyway. I've removed osr door panel to check inside, taped up handle/lock rods etc. Noise is still there with window up or down, cls locked/unlock and even if the door is held open slightly, any ideas as this is driving me INSSSSAAAANE!!!!!!!!!!%$&^%*&/.@#~
Old 21 November 2006, 10:02 PM
crag
Scooby Newbie

Default Any luck?

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Both myself and a friend have this rattle form the osr door area.

Cheers
Old 22 November 2006, 08:24 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

Had a bad rattle in the back of my new age saloon for 3 years !!! I know how this feels. Had the seats out twice and fiddled with seat belt reels - no good. Turned out to be plastic panel on C pillar buzzing against rear window - fixed with a small bit of cardboard - what a relief. I know you have a wagon but have a look at the plastic trims around any window glass at the back. Interesting sign was that rattle was always worse when car was cold making the plastic harder.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:48 PM
MRSIMPSON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the same problem, I thought it was the exhaust or heatshield, but got Nick at Powerstation to look at it and it seems the noise is coming from either the reardoor or the front seat mechanism...But its really doing my head in...

Anyone experienced similar!?
Old 14 November 2007, 12:23 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by type49
I have a MY2000 classic wagon with a bad rattle from the driver's side rear door/sill area. If I sit in the osr seat, it sounds like it's inside the door or poss wheelarch/sill area. the noise is very loud, like exhaust hitting but exhaust is fine an in wrong area anyway. I've removed osr door panel to check inside, taped up handle/lock rods etc. Noise is still there with window up or down, cls locked/unlock and even if the door is held open slightly, any ideas as this is driving me INSSSSAAAANE!!!!!!!!!!%$&^%*&/.@#~
Is it more like a thud against the body? if so, I have seen brackets that support the rear axel cross member bent, by people jacking up the car in the wrong place, these are located in the area you describe, on each sill just behind the front door closure, if you look you will see the plate and the big rubber bush that supports the cross member.

You may be able to provoke it by, putting the hand brake on, and rocking the car on the clutch in first gear with the engine running, each time you let the clutch up you should here a thud.
Old 14 November 2007, 05:22 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, I had a rattle coming from that area which actually turned out to be the seat back locking mechanism. It was rattling around inside the latch. I lowered the seat back, and wrapped some tape around the catch on the seat then clicked it back in place.....No more rattle!!

Sometimes the simple ones are the hardest to spot!

Hope this helps
Old 02 December 2007, 01:59 AM
dazzlers82
Scooby Regular

did you ever find this noise as i have exactly the same problem an its driving me mad

Trending Topics

Old 02 December 2007, 02:15 PM
caperbility
Scooby Regular

I used to have an annoying noise in my Scooby.... got rid of it by ditching the girlfriend!!