Notices

Help

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2006, 11:57 AM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

can anyone help me again , as posted yesterday under the title of ***** ,itappears my number two piston is knackered , there is no compression , the garage said new engine or rebuild ,not sure how to go about it , does anyone have any ideas as to what exactly is the likely cause for this happening , i.e number 2 piston faulty , could it be aanother fault thats caused this ? if so whats the obvious reason, i know its a awkward question , the problem is i dont want to get it rebuilt and for it to happen again , and also if ive got to strip engine i,m thinking of uprating all the internals possibly to a 2.5 with stronger cossie type pistons etc etc , anyone know of a rough estimate as to what bits i would need to buy ,to be able to do this upgrade , and what sort of cost , the thing is ,i dont want another used engine for fear of it happenoing again in future due to not knowing how the engine was run prior to me buying , and if im gona put a few grand into my car i want it to be able to last for another few years at least , with the extra power due to bigger and stronger internals , its a my 94 wrx import , any help greatly appreciated , i was gona take engine out , buy all neccesary bits for upgrade and try to get some good garge to buildd the motor as i think this would be abit over my head .. thanks for replies ,if i get any ...Dave smith
Old 23 June 2006, 12:08 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default help

Another thing the cars is running on a z4 ecu , with ( superchip and bleed valve fitted ), the car has been running with this setup for the past 7 to 8 years with this setup on optimax fuel with no o/b, i,ve had the car for 3 years now , was gona take chip off before now but thought its been on for that long ,i thought ide leave it , after build , should i get the car mapped for uk fuel or is a z4 ecu ok for this fuel i,ve heard they are a better jap ecu ,but not 100% sure ,and am i right in taking the chip off , looked at the reciept and it is a 30 bhp chip , cheers
Old 23 June 2006, 04:29 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default anyone

Anyone ....?