Greddy e-manage

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2006, 10:24 AM
nickyrhodes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy e-manage

Hi,

Has anyone installed/used one of these? I know its not as good as the power fc but it is a bit cheaper. Also i'm a novice when it comes to mapping and i cant really afford to get a power fc and have it mapped unfortunately. So, i thought if i bought the emanage ultimate i can probably work out how to increase the fuelling (using the air flow tweaks) to eliminate knock if i turn up the boost.

So basically just after anyones advice/experience fitting and using it. Will be buying after xmas if thats the way i decide to go...

Also, there arent any mappers in Cumbria that i'm aware of, what sort of training is required? Wouldn't mind taking it up as a hobby/small sideline business maybe in the future.
Thanks guys

Last edited by nickyrhodes; 29 November 2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old 29 November 2006, 10:26 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

tbh if your gonna muck around with boost levels etc you want to be running a better system then a greddy emanage, its deisgned to pretty much run a low pressure turbo on cars with aftermarket turbo converstion.

save you money up and save you engine by buying an apexi, or possibly a hdyra ecu system and then get it mapped properly, will save a rebuild
Old 29 November 2006, 10:44 AM
nickyrhodes
Scooby Regular

wasnt planning on doing too much with boost levels, just increase a little, i think the fuel cut is set at 15psi on a uk98 isnt it? So cant go further really.

Where are the places to get a hydra from? I know you can get a power fc cheap (well 380) from Welcome - Nengun Performance but then theres an additional 300 quid mapping plus fuel for journey plus fuel for mapping, so in the region of 750....

Regarding the hydra, it says you get a start up map, is that similar to the start up map for a power fc which is unsuitable for anything other than an sti?

thanks
Old 29 November 2006, 11:17 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Agree with tidgy, E-manage seems to be the choice for turbo converted cars, like hondas and toyotas etc....if you dont know anything about mappings, leave it alone, or make sure youve got another car to use for when you blow the scoob up!
Old 29 November 2006, 11:25 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nickyrhodes
wasnt planning on doing too much with boost levels, just increase a little, i think the fuel cut is set at 15psi on a uk98 isnt it? So cant go further really.

Where are the places to get a hydra from? I know you can get a power fc cheap (well 380) from Welcome - Nengun Performance but then theres an additional 300 quid mapping plus fuel for journey plus fuel for mapping, so in the region of 750....

Regarding the hydra, it says you get a start up map, is that similar to the start up map for a power fc which is unsuitable for anything other than an sti?

thanks
the hydra systems start up map is extreamly basic, its designed purely for checking all sensors etc are connected properly so its not designed to run the car as such

i think from memory its about £1450 supplied fitted and mapped (that includes vat by the way) tis alot more than greddy system, but then it does a hell of alot more and is a much better system than the emanage. more or less a motec m800 unit but with added nock correction.

p.s if your interested drop me a pm
Old 29 November 2006, 11:39 AM
nickyrhodes
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Thats some way out of my price range unfortunately. I'm struggling to find 750 to get a powerfc installed!! If it was a new car then it wouldnt be so bad, but on an 8 year old one thats only worth 4.5k its a lot of cash lol!

Sounds like my options are farily limited and without spending a bomb im not going to get far lol!! Shame i dont have a phase 1 or 2 ecu instead of a crappy 1.5 that you cant do anything with lol
Old 29 November 2006, 11:45 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

what year car and model is it?

Trending Topics

Old 29 November 2006, 12:00 PM
nickyrhodes
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Its a Jan 98 (manufactured sometime in 97 i assume) Turbo 2000. GC8 with EJ20K motor, 3 connectors on the ecu (think its a D8 but not 100% def a something 8 lol). Need any more? Ideally i'm looking at what i can do for 3-500 quid at most...

Thanks
Old 29 November 2006, 12:07 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

you not gonna be able to do much for that sort of cash tbh well not with the ecu anyway, best bet get saving
Old 29 November 2006, 01:43 PM
nickyrhodes
Scooby Regular

Lol thought as much!!! still open to suggestions/experiences regarding the emanage...