Notices

Apexi-AVCR set up, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2006, 07:33 PM
dazscoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi-AVCR set up, HELP

Going on a rolling road sunday i havn't got round to setting it up. i belive you can set up each gear wich would realy help as i get it to run nice in 2nd and 3rd gear hovering around 1.2 bar but over boosts in 4 and 5 then hits the fuel cut wich brings up the engine management light. i want a consistent 1.2 in 5th for the rolling road please help thanks
Old 01 December 2006, 11:53 AM
SiHethers
Scooby Regular

Daz

In the etc menu you need to setup the gear judge parameters first. This allows the AVCR to determine to determine which gear you are in.

Then to set-up boost make sure autolearn is off. Next you need a long straight road preferably without a speed limit

I find the best method is to use 4th gear. start at say 50% duty across all of the points, with 1.2 as target boost. Test in 4th gear from say 2000rpm upwards. Monitor Bst and Sol on the AVCR (realtime and peak-hold). Ideally you need someone else to watch the sol values as the avcr attempts to achieve target boost. If you are below target increase the duty across the points by 2% at a time and retest. Soon you will reach a point where the AVCR will attain target boost and hold it, observe the sol duty required to achieve this across the rpm range. Now set your duties to these values or 1-2% less. 4th gear is now sorted (probably with a slight initial overshoot/boost)

To optimise the other gears you need to go to the settings menu and select start duty. This is the correction the avcr applies to the duty map to the initial target duty so that full boost can be applied in all gears. Leave 4th as 0 or -1. Set 5th to -1 to -3 (to prevent too much overboost). 1st to 3rd will require experimentation to achieve the desired profile (ie flat control, slow build, or brief overboost). To test use 3rd for example. Do a few runs through 3rd gear both from low rpm and after gearchange from 2nd. Observe what boost you hit. It'll probably be below target so then add in start duty at 1% at a time and retest. First you'll get a slow build to target, then direct hit and hold steady, followed by brief overboost and hold, as you gradually increase the duty. Usually you can allow 0.05-0.1 bar overboost using start duty without getting undue oscillation/driveability issues.

On the rollers you may need to adjust your start duty further to achieve stable road boost levels depending on how the RR is setup.

Let us know how it all goes.

Simon
Old 01 December 2006, 06:56 PM
dazscoob
Scooby Newbie

cheers buddy its a good bit of gear but sometimes i think its a bit complex. ill give it a go and let you know
Old 01 December 2006, 06:59 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Daz if your going to triton on sunday they will run the car in 3rd if you have a 5 speed box or 4th if its a 6 speed...it wont be run in 5th
Old 02 December 2006, 03:04 AM
martin800
Scooby Regular

hi daz

i found this usefull when setting up mine.

Installing APEXi AVCR - Page 3