HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 11:42 PM
don81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE

Hi there.
What it is is that a friend of mine bought a 94 wrx fresh import. He payed £3250 and it was suppose to of had a service and a 3month warrinte with it. With in a week of having it he fitted a cat back super dragger exhaust and a bailyes dump valve. a couple of days after fitting these he went on a long drive when it started running really lumpy. like it was miss fireing and smoking quiet a lot. So he tryed calling the fella he bought it off. aventually he got hold of him and the fella said it sounds like the coil pack . bring it down. Well he took it on friday and he said to my mate i will call you monday. Well monday came and he heard nought. So my mate rang him to see what was happening. Anyways to cut a long storie short . The fella said to my mate that the turbo has blow and its because of the new exhaust and the dump valve. See my mate told me this and i said hes talking b******s mate. The fella recons because my mate has had these bits fitted without a remapp it blows the turbo. so basically he is saying because my mate has put exhaust and dump valve on it that the warrinte doesnt cover. So all i want to know from people of the know. is this true or is he really talking b******s?
Thanks for your time
Old 05 April 2007, 12:44 AM
codfather
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i know removing your original exhaust to a decat system frees up the turbo..but if anything that should make your boost spike and hit fuel cut..
Basically sounds like the turbo's blown, if your mates warranty is covered through the same person/garage he bought the car off then he's made it hard for himself by leaving the exhaust on to take it bac to the garage.
Its a right stinker i know but he might be aswell to cut his losses and by a second hand turbo(but make sure its the same one)
Also try andy @ enduring solutions for a pre 96 remap chip to set the car up to his spec.
Hope this helps matey
Old 05 April 2007, 08:22 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO he's talking bollocks i've a 93 wrx which had a dump valve (i replaced it with the standard recirc) a decat and full exhaust system running the standard ecu and it's been like that for about a year and my turbo is fine (and doesn't have a remap yet).
The turbo may be buggered but not because of the new exhaust/vta combination imo but you can pick a turbo up relatively cheaply (look on the 'For Sale' section on here) and there are loads of subaru breakers.