Notices

turbo 2000 exhaust headers?

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2007, 03:17 PM
steve ball
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo 2000 exhaust headers?

first of all thanx 4 the help concerning clutch and flywheel on earlier thread pretty much sorted on that one. my (my00) uk impreza is running a vf 35, warlbro 255, uprated fuel reg and is a happy 303 bhp with a de-cat and eku-tek. I have come across uprated exhaust headers? i believe this would also be a help for my current set up? If i decided to purchase a set, what will my benefit be? i mean is it a must have add on my car or are standard headers capable of the job? And if i did change them is another re-map needed? I'm not expecting a load more power as it is a uk car and don't want to start pushing power problems, det etc??? and melted pistons?? cheers steve
Old 14 May 2007, 03:26 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by steve ball
first of all thanx 4 the help concerning clutch and flywheel on earlier thread pretty much sorted on that one. my (my00) uk impreza is running a vf 35, warlbro 255, uprated fuel reg and is a happy 303 bhp with a de-cat and eku-tek. I have come across uprated exhaust headers? i believe this would also be a help for my current set up? If i decided to purchase a set, what will my benefit be? i mean is it a must have add on my car or are standard headers capable of the job? And if i did change them is another re-map needed? I'm not expecting a load more power as it is a uk car and don't want to start pushing power problems, det etc??? and melted pistons?? cheers steve
Aftermarket headers aren't worth bothering with at your level of tune mate. Get the OEM items ported and wrapped. This will bring down the spool threshold and liberate a bit more power. Aftermarket items tend to sacrifice low end performance for top end gains. You will need a map tweak most likely. Speak to your mapper.

Ns04
Old 14 May 2007, 04:00 PM
steve ball
Scooby Regular

if i was to get my standard headers ported and wrapped? what kind of gain in power do you rekon i am looking at with a map tweek? And any idea in price for the porting and wrapping?
Old 14 May 2007, 04:09 PM
New_scooby_04

if i was to get my standard headers ported and wrapped? what kind of gain in power do you rekon i am looking at with a map tweek? And any idea in price for the porting and wrapping?
You're not looking at huge headline gains mate: to give you some idea, I have a VF35 set up on my classic and it produces 319bhp and 316 ft lbs. But it does improve drivability as it offsets the increased spool threshold resulting from the bigger turbo.

It's not expensive to do either: contact either David at APi or Harvey Smith, both can be found on this BBS

ns04
Old 14 May 2007, 04:31 PM
steve ball
Scooby Regular

thanx for that, can i just ask is there anything else you have modification wise (which i haven't already done) to pull 319/and over 300 torque? Is that from the standard injectors as well?
Old 14 May 2007, 04:38 PM
New_scooby_04

thanx for that, can i just ask is there anything else you have modification wise (which i haven't already done) to pull 319/and over 300 torque? Is that from the standard injectors as well?
Here you go:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...xperience.html

Std injectors, yes!

Ns04
Old 14 May 2007, 04:51 PM
steve ball
Scooby Regular

roald dahl eat your heart out? this is where you tell me you are a publisher or something? ha ha. great story though thanx 4 the link sounds like a very enjoyable few days. i think i am on my way to adding my final few bits, it seems as if i am only missing the ported and wrapped oem headers and 'the 3port boost solenoid' at the risk of sounding like a novice (which i am) whats this?