Notices

What next? and will I win?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2007, 08:21 PM
Pittys sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next? and will I win?

I've recently bought a bug eye sti that was completely standard. Within a month I felt the need to buy a cat back exhaust, induction kit, hks dump valve, and bleed valve. Just fitted the induction kit and the idle is slightly eratic (any ideas why? Re-map maybe?) . I've also got a de-cat pipe that as of yet i haven't fitted for two reasons 1- Will it be ridiculasly loud? 2- Will the mpg be alot worse?

After all this i'm a bit/alot skint? So what sensible mods next considering it's an everyday car?

One last thing my friends got a standard r33 gt-r. Upto what speed will I beat him upto (if at all)? I put a fairly large bet that i'd pass him over a half mile race, off a round about?

Thanks for any replies.
Old 12 June 2007, 12:40 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

If the DV is vent to atmosphere, thats the probable cause of the idle issue, a decat change won't affect FE at all (OK tiny difference if you drive around with the toe in the carpet ALL the time, but you can't in the UK anyway), but will make your car illegal, you'll notice a little more noise, but it all depends on what cat back exhaust you have!

Induction kit and DV won't have gained you any power, and may well have lost you some.

Next mod should really be a proper mapping session!

Simon
Old 12 June 2007, 01:06 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Induction and Dump valve are really wasting money at this stage. Save yourself 200quid and put it towards a remap.

Your mates r33 gt-r will probably loose you while you're still on the roundabout due to it's YAW control. The r33 will have more torque lower down which will probably give it an edge from a rolling start.

Personally if ur gonna race I hope you both get nicked and banned before you think you're invincible and do someone an injury.
Old 12 June 2007, 06:23 PM
Pittys sti
Scooby Regular

Re-map it is then. Cheers