Notices

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2007, 02:54 PM
Crazymad Chick
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice

as some of you know my other half borrowed the bugeye wrx last week (24 hours after I bought it) and bashed it into a kerb..

now thought it was sorted but its not and thats booked in to be looked at now...

However, in general after having had other performance cars the handling is a bit well wishy washy...

can someone tell me the best way to improve it as I dont want to start unleashing more power without getting the handling sorted first.

Also even before the accident the car once the steering wheel is turned about 3/4 of a turn to the right, it feels like the car is trying to go back the other way, it kind of just fights back....( bit like when on full lock and power steering doesnt want you to go further) But it dont do it at all if you turn to the left no matter how tight the bend is..

If anyone is local enough and feels like taking it for a spin ( only if you know your stuff) and telling me whether I am being a neurotic female or something really is wrong at the front... I would be so greatful..

but to be fair I am shocked as I thought that the car would handle greatly better than my other cars in the past.. (ie the st24, 200sx turbo etc)
Old 13 June 2007, 03:00 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understeer is normal for imprezas.
Rear droplinks and rear arb seem a very popular (and relatively cheap mod).
Do a quick search (especially in the 'Suspension' section) and i'm sure you could find lots of advice.
Old 13 June 2007, 03:02 PM
Crazymad Chick
Scooby Newbie

I have been...and have found that the jury is split on whether they handle badly or not.. It isnt understeer thats bothering me as I am talking about slow speeds.. speeds that shouldnt feel anything really....
Old 13 June 2007, 03:37 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

The power steering on some cars gives a slight 'notchy' feel at one point in the travel either side of the centre, but it does sound like a tracking check may be in order, with the two lower rear arm setup on the rear a knackered bush can cause a lot of tow change, so check that out as well (jack the wheel and try and 'steer' it by hand).

Given your BB name you will probably have a Queue of guys willing to help if they new where 'local enough' was!

Simon